What's new

Moving a drawing page from one set of drawings to another

mrehmus

I have a full drawing set of a model engine. Now I am making a derivative design using many of the same parts that have already been detailed in 2D. Is there any way to move a page from one set to another?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I think the only way to do that is to do a SAVE AS to the new design name. You can then delete the parts/sheets that are not used in the new design and add the new derivative items. I think that the items that are the same in both assemblies will be associated to both drawings and may cause some issues.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you do the Save As from the 2D Drawing, you can also choose which constituent files to save under new names/locations (versions to be modified).

jfleming

Alibre Super User
We have had trouble doing multiple sheets for our drawings, they always seem to crash or fail to load, etc. Very clunky. So in-turn, each part/sub-assembly is on it's own drawing sheet and saved as such. This makes the "save-as" process very cumbersome when trying to "copy over" to a new assembly with similar parts.

If you package the top level assembly drawing, none of the lower-level drawings are included in the package. I've found a work-around but it is not easy and you must be very diligent on HOW you "Save-As" and WHAT you "Save-As". Basically a lot of "trickery" that needs to happen to make it work.

As you mentioned @mrehmus the drawing side of things really needs some attention. That is my only real gripe with Alibre. The modeling side does nearly everything I need it to in its current form.