What's new

Note feature not working

Christopher

Good morning; I am running an older version of Geomagic in my machine shop; recently, the "note" feature has stopped allowing us to make or edit current drawing "notes" in the 2d drawing space. This has occurred on BOTH shop computers. Alibre support is not helping us, as we do not have a "support contract" anymore. I will be updating the software and support soon, but the cash flow struggles of a small business are insuring we have other priorities. Below are my system specs from the "help" menu if that is of any use.

Date: Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:58:46 AM
Geomagic Design™
Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.1.1 ] 64-bit

User name: Chris Milligan
Computer name: DESKTOP-IFH551U
Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor Information: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Number of Processors: 6

Microsoft .Net Framework

Best regards Folks,

Chris

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
That problem is caused by Windows updates - it isn't an Alibre problem per se.

Alibre Addressed that issue some time ago (put in a fix to cope with changed font management in Windows 10).

As a Geomagic Design user you should be entitled to use Alibre Design (but not latest version) - you should have already been informed about this. I'm surprised that Geomagic Design is even working for you any more https://www.alibre.com/flexera-deprecation/

batejosh

The only thing that will fix this is installing Alibre 2017 on an older version of windows (7), or getting one of the latest versions of Alibre which work nicely with Windows 10. Annoying isn't it...

Christopher

Thanks;

I have reached out to the support team from a different angle and will see what "pans out".

I appreciate the follow up!

-Christopher-