What's new

Part Sketching annoyance

Toybuilder

It would be great if the sketch and reference lines had a color transparency between them so that when they are overlapped, you can see a color blend between them.
Instead of something like this:
1671143077221.png
have it blend more like this:
1671143055865.png

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
JFlleming.
If you had left the office and return to your "simple" sketch example, why not simply use the "sketch loop control button" !!
It's there for solving "problems" like yours.
This thread has taken a wrong direction.

jfleming

Alibre Super User
JFlleming.
If you had left the office and return to your "simple" sketch example, why not simply use the "sketch loop control button" !!
@Oldbelt I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "sketch loop control" button.

I just recreated this in V26 and it is slightly better/more obvious that there is a line sketched across there:

1671201749441.png

dwc

Alibre Super User
I see this problem all the time in V21. It was added when going to Hoops, before that I don't remember having any doubts.
If it is now corrected in V26 so a sketch line is always visible and not covered by reference lines that is a good thing.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,hah!!!
Simonb65 and Raf!!!
Big discussion!!
If your cursor goes over the both lines, the line on, will be the construction one and not the ref line. If you need see the reference line make the Ralf advice. Nothing more....
That is simple for me.

Note: I noticed that Advanced Selector doing better with my old version.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The problem: it can sometimes be hard at a glance to feel confident that your sketch is as it should be because sometimes your brain doesn't see "bright red thing".

I agree with that. I've seen it myself.

We need to come up with a clever solution that fits within the limitations of HOOPS' display engine. Not sure of the solution yet. It is easy to check, easy to verify that a sketch figure exists. It gets selection priority when overlapping as well. But visually I get it that it would be nice to have a better indication.

concept

This may not be relevant with Alibre, but back when I used to use Autocad, I would use the rectangular select feature (either left or right, I can't remember) to force a sketched line to change color. I had the same problem that was discussed here but that quick movement of my mouse would tell me one way or the other if the line was hidden.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Not quite on topic, and I have mentioned it before, I would love to have a function that ProDesktop 8 had, years ago. When a sketch creates a closed shape, without errors, the internal space would fill with a colour. This became an instant check as to the state of the sketch.