What's new

"Paste" in Drawings

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Why is there no RMB Click > Paste available in the menu after you have copied a note, or anything for that matter?

I can RMB Click and Cut, Copy,

2D Drawing Mode.

Example: Copying this note, but then no option to RMB option to paste it. Must take hands off of the mouse and find Ctrl+V . There is no Paste in any of the Ribbon menu's as far as I can see.

1686834325238.png

But then,

idslk

Alibre Super User
first right click you can choose eg. copy
second right click then you can choose paste:
1686835011884.png
and then you will have the copied note hanging on the mouse pointer ready to "drop"...

Regards
Stefan

kerickson

I didn't know I could do this with notes so I am glad to learn something new. You have to be outside of a drawing view when you right click for the paste option to show.

idslk

Alibre Super User
My second right click looks like this:
was your first right click on the note with choosing copy or only a right click?
I can select a note, make a right click on it, choose copy from the menu and after that the next right click offers me the paste comand in the menu.

regards
Stefan

jfleming

Alibre Super User
was your first right click on the note with choosing copy or only a right click?
I can select a note, make a right click on it, choose copy from the menu and after that the next right click offers me the paste comand in the menu.

regards
Stefan

Found that you cannot be hovering on a "viewport" or "active" in a viewport in order for the Paste to appear. Not a fan, it's kind of opposite of how you do place any other dimensions or notes on a view, but I can see both sides of it. I won't lose any sleep over it. Ctrl+V it is.

JimCad

I didn't know I could do this with notes so I am glad to learn something new. You have to be outside of a drawing view when you right click for the paste option to show.
Same as Inventor so no change for Me.
Select paste outside of any views then position in the view and click to place it.