What's new

Preview part in explorer

dlaery

Alibre Super User
I guess I spook too soon, naturally it works now.:oops:
i guess I don't know how to use it.:eek:
but if I had not posted I wouldn't have realized that does work.
it seems to me like when I would use windows explorer in win 7 and type in the search box it would automatically show the results without clicking the search button next to the search box, so now to get it to work in win 10, I have to click the button to the right of the search box.

MKR

Looks like problem is that my files are on onedrive. I did put one file on C: and thumbnails works fine. I made quick test and dropbox(free) shows Alibre thumbnails also just ok. I just dont know now, why OneDrive cannot do the same. OneDrive 1Tb space comes together with MS Office Business Standard, so I'm not so intrested to buy another cloud drive because of this. (Please dont ask WHY I use cloud drive)

Your problem in OneDrive is 'files on-demand'.
If you disable that, you will get thumbnails.

/Michael

Mika

Do I need to make this to whole one drive? I change one folder to "always keep in this computer" and it did not made any change.

Mika

So removing this tick all one drive files will be saved on my computer? My hard disc space will not be enough. This will break the whole cloud drive idea.

MKR

So removing this tick all one drive files will be saved on my computer? My hard disc space will not be enough. This will break the whole cloud drive idea.
I use OneDrive to share files between workstations and have plenty of space on them.
But if you do not have enough space, you can probably not get thumbnails as long as you use OneDrive.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
My hard disc space will not be enough. This will break the whole cloud drive idea.
The cloud drive idea is that it mirrors your local drive (local drive for speed and access, cloud so it is backed up and available to other devices that also sync with it). I would really recommend that you upgrade your local hard drive to a bigger drive. Also, any data on the cloud is not guaranteed to always be there (there have been a few high profile case of musicians and freelance photographers loosing all their work when their cloud service closed down), so you might want to protect your valuable data by having a local copy anyway (either bigger local HDD or a local NAS). If your relying 100% on someone else's storage, you are seriously taking big risks!

Mika

My files have been on the cloud already more than 5years and nothing ever dissapeared...

sboivin

Did anyone found how to make the icons from Alibre files work in Onedrive. It works at the office but not home... Well, the difference is that I use the option to free space at home but not at the office. Is that it or there is a turn arround?
Thanks