What's new

Quirks?

Acara

@HaroldL , does Alibre come with a weldment cut list feature similar to SOLIDWORKS? Typically we've always done weldments within a part file and then the cut list feature makes each body a component in a table that can have various things driven from the model. I was going to make a new post but this one is still somewhat active so I figured I'd ask.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Alibre doesn't have a native weldment function like SolidWorks. Although @NateLiqGrav did create a script called Frame Builder that he has demoed. I don't see it in the Resources section so it is likely not uploaded there so it may be on his web site. I think he has a link in his signature.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Here is the thread for my Frame Builder on this forums.
I am currently testing the next version for Alibre Design 24 and expect to release within the week.

Acara

Alibre doesn't have a native weldment function like SolidWorks. Although @NateLiqGrav did create a script called Frame Builder that he has demoed. I don't see it in the Resources section so it is likely not uploaded there so it may be on his web site. I think he has a link in his signature.
Do you know why Alibre doesn't import files into assemblies with the ability to use the reference geometry from the part level? AKA if I wanted to mate center planes to center planes for a larger general assembly. I notice I have to keep creating planes for each part in each assembly rather than being able to pull it in the part.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Do you know why Alibre doesn't import files into assemblies with the ability to use the reference geometry from the part level? AKA if I wanted to mate center planes to center planes for a larger general assembly. I notice I have to keep creating planes for each part in each assembly rather than being able to pull it in the part.

Have you tried right clicking the part, then selecting "show reference geometry"?