What's new

Retaining focus and zoom while adjusting constraints

Ralf said:
Did you try: Alt+248 in the Hole Tool -> Preset ... ?
It works without problems with Win7 / Win 8.
Yes, when the value is loaded from the alibre_unicode.hps file, the character shows up as that "diamond thingy" the image posted a few messages back. It is almost as if a 7-bit font is used and an "overflow character" replaces any value greater than 128D.

Mind you, I am trying to create a rather large set of presets externally with my spreadsheet-based design tool.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
With notepad it works.(Unicode)

alibre_unicode.hps opened with notepad -> Alt+248 save. (Unicode)
Start V16 -> Hole Tool and the °symbol is shown (Hole Presets)

Ralf,

OK, I found the problem. I have my default spreadsheet font set to Times New Roman. I am not sure why, but changing it to Arial fixes the problem.

Now, according to a list I was given some time back (I think Max sent it to me), the types of holes that may be defined through the HPS are supposed to be as (Type ID) Definition: (1) Cylindrical Bore; (2) Drilled; (3) Counterbore & Bore; (4) Counterbore & Drilled; (5) Counterdrill & Bored; (6) Countedrill & Drilled; (7) Countersunk & Bored; (8) Countersunk & Drilled; (9) Tapered Bore; & (10) Tapered Drill. I suspect that types 4, 6, 8, and possibly 10 are improperly defined here.

I would certainly like to see the HPS tool (A) documented better and (B) developed to a greater degree. The fact is that a counterbored hole for a socket head cap screw SHOULD have either a countersunk edge between the counterbore and the through hole or a counterdrill in that location to clear the head-to-body fillet such screws have. There are several other "identities" that would be highly useful were they allowed -- and we could really use the ability to "sub-head" HPS data as we can do with File Properties->Material data (also an alibre_unicode type of file)...

I just installed the release 2015.1.0 and found some strangeness. Instead of the alibre_unicode.hps being located in C:\Users\"User Name\AppData\Roaming\Alibre Design\"User Name"\ it has been "relocated" to alibre_unicode.hps being located in C:\Users\"User Name\AppData\Roaming\Alibre Design\default user\. This is also true for the User.NET.profile data.