What's new

Ribbon crossed out when saving file !!

kev h

Happy New Year All !!

Have just opened up Alibre for the first time in a while and when trying to save file the ribbon was replaced with a red cross making it unusable !?? o_O

Any help please would be appreciated

(Alibre Design™ Expert )

(Alibre Design Version: 2017.1.2 64-bit [Build 18701] )

Cheers Kev :cool:

kev h

Hi Nate :)

I only use AD probably a couple times a year so am not on maintenance …. does this mean I either have to make windows insecure (stop updates) or fork out £400 for maintenance if I want to continue using AD? :confused:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Roll back the Windows update that caused the problem, OR wait for Microsoft to fix the issue with a later update (which they are supposed to do, but there isn't a confirmed date for that as far as I know), OR update to 2018.2 .

Microsoft delayed the 1809 update for most users when the problem became apparent - they are releasing smaller updates for the 1803 version - so I for example have never seen the 1809 update myself, despite updates being enabled. Presumably these smaller update look after security issues.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
OR - turn on Menu Bar, and/or Toolbars, so that you are not reliant on the Ribbon. AD remains functional after the RedX - it is just the Ribbon that isn't available. You can save files from menu bar.

kev h

Hi David

OK great so ribbon should work again sometime in the future when MS sort themselves out...… I had just this second figured out myself old toolbars would work but thanks for reply anyway ( more screen space ! :D )

Szumi

Big red x for me today. First time I've used it in months, also on W10. W/O ribbon, how do I access the commands that were there?

Thanks Szumi

Answering my own question. When unchecking "Use Ribbon" also uncheck "Hide Menu"
This is for Alibre Design Version: 2017.1.2 64-bit [Build 18701]