What's new

serious problem

dlaery

Alibre Super User
I have an assembly i have been working on for 4 weeks and all of the sudden my screen is blank. if i click on a part in the design explorer and edit in a separate window it opens fine and displays the part but when i go back to assembly my screen is blank. i have restarted my computer and still blank. this happened while I was working on the assembly.Screenshot (783).png

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Did you Regen the assembly when you closed the window of the part you were editing? It looks like there are some items in the DE that are missing or Hidden. Can you open any of then in a separate window?

Try F5 and the Home keys.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
Some are hidden, I can open all of them in a separate window from the DE, edit. In assembly there are no visible planes. No cube nothing as my screenshot shows. I did click the regen.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Which build of Alibre are you running? Fixing this behaviour (which is obscure) was a major reason for the release of the 27039 update.

If you are running 27039 and still seeing this behaviour, then there could be some other issue - please raise a support ticket and attach the files so this can be investigated.

EDIT - I have checked, I mis remembered the issue leading to build 27039 - it was a little different.

You may have a corrupt assembly file, or there could be an issue with one or more part file. Please submit to Support.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Did this occur after adding an imported part by any chance?

I've found a record of one case which appeared to behave like you report - actually the view had zoomed out to an extreme degree (so the suggestion in post #6 may help).

dlaery

Alibre Super User
i have tried the "zoom to fit". I am using 27039. this occurred while on a "zoom meeting" and was zooming out and it went blank. I have been using the "zoom meeting" a lot in the past 4 weeks with different files.
I have imported screws from McMasterCarr at different times throughout the working on this. but when i import a file, i open the stp file by itself and then save as an AD_Prt file then I import that file into the assembly.

Before this problem
this assembly has been locking up when I RMC on a part in "edit part here" , then select "show feature in explorer" that never works and always locks up when I try. then I have to do a end task on Alibre.
I submitted this file last week because using a "boolean add" in part mode stopped working. haven't heard a solution yet. I did find a suppressed feature that i deleted and then the boolean started working. I will submit this.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If this turns out to be same issue as seen previously, the import workflow doesn't make any difference for non-native files...

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Just to be sure, you don't have any real time section views turned on do you? I was confused last week when I added a part to an assembly and it didn't show in the view until I remembered real time section views apply to everything automatically unlike the precise section views that I got used to over the years.

JimCad

Has one of your screws somehow come in "miles" away from the main model so zoom all makes everything so small you can't see it?
Just a thought ? ?
Jim

dlaery

Alibre Super User
there is nothing on the screen. in assembly i can activate sketch, select a plane in the design explorer, turn on grid and nothing shows up, blank screen like the pic i posted above.
i had a backup and had to add some parts back and that file works fine.
in this attached pic it shows 2 different assembly files, one that works and the other blank screen. all of my other assemblies work fine. I just had a panic attack when it first disappeared. luckily all the parts were fine and I had a very recent backup that I do a save as and then give the new assembly name with Rev 2. I also have daily backups to a different drive.

i also have a problem with a part that is in this assembly but I don't think it is related to this but I will start a different post about it.
thanks for your all suggestions. it is nice to know that someone is listening

Attachments

• Screenshot (785).png
    Screenshot (785).png
    153.1 KB · Views: 15

dlaery

Alibre Super User
ok it did it again. I was working on a new part. I was trying to add a new plane and this happens when I use the cube to line up the view to see where to place the plane and then when I zoom out with the wheel on the mouse everything disappears, I didn't save changes when it ask before shutting down. and opened the file again and it opened but lost my changes.

Last edited:

Ex Machina

Something similar had happened to me back in v24. Every time I saved a part the original planes became larger and larger and when I hit zoom to fit the part was getting further and further away. I was told that the file had become corrupt and had to redo it. Fortunately, that was a step that I brought in and only did a few changes.

JamesMC

Something similar had happened to me back in v24. Every time I saved a part the original planes became larger and larger and when I hit zoom to fit the part was getting further and further away. I was told that the file had become corrupt and had to redo it. Fortunately, that was a step that I brought in and only did a few changes.
I have had a similar issue, turned out to be weirdness with reference geometry in a sketch within one part, that was getting longer every time it was regenerated.
I nuked the reference geometry, and redid the sketch, which sorted the problem.
It was a bit of a pain in the a$$ to find which part and sketch was causing the issue though...

Serenity

Alibre Support
Staff member
there is nothing on the screen. in assembly i can activate sketch, select a plane in the design explorer, turn on grid and nothing shows up, blank screen like the pic i posted above.
i had a backup and had to add some parts back and that file works fine.
in this attached pic it shows 2 different assembly files, one that works and the other blank screen. all of my other assemblies work fine. I just had a panic attack when it first disappeared. luckily all the parts were fine and I had a very recent backup that I do a save as and then give the new assembly name with Rev 2. I also have daily backups to a different drive.

i also have a problem with a part that is in this assembly but I don't think it is related to this but I will start a different post about it.
thanks for your all suggestions. it is nice to know that someone is listening
The assembly was at a zoom level where nothing was able to be displayed. I was able to bring things back into view by editing Sketch<1> in the assembly and zooming way back in to see the sketch and the rest of the assembly. I saved and repackaged the assembly and attached it in reply to your support ticket. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.