What's new

SimLab Composer

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
ralf3 said:
Yep , or early in the morning, 1 minute before leaving the house.
Let's say in the last minute, a last minute Question, for a great last minute offer. :D

I'll try that, I promise. Thanks for your good advise as usual.
If I were transfered (which I doubt) I will reward you a pine of beer! Cheers.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Munich sales office of ours requires fluent German user as our sales manager or equivalent.
Either you make me good German listener or give me some of your human resources, so I can give them some candidates.

I think, "Human resources" are not our problem.
Sit in a plane and come to me, to learn the basic language should not be a big problem. :D

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Starting from release 2.2 SimLab Composer will be provided in 3D Editions:

1- SimLab Compser (3D PDF edition), this edition will not include rendering capabilities, it will also not include DWG/DXF importers, this edition will serve users who are using SimLab Composer for building 3D Scenes, and sharing them as 3D PDF files, the single license price for this edition will be ($99)

2- SimLab Composer (Rendering edition), this is the next release of version 2.1, it will include all capabilities included in version 2.1 (Rendering and 3D PDF generation), in addition to new features for 2.2, the license price for this edition is ($149)

3- SimLab Composer (Animation edition), in addition to the capabilities offered in the Rendering edition, this edition will provide the user with the tools needed to create different types of animations including KeyFrame, Camera, Round table, Path, and Material. It will also include the needed tools to automatically render an animation and combine rendered images in a movie, the license price for this edition is ($249)

Here is a Sneak Preview: http://www.simlabforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122

bjornsh

Hi,

Here is a rendered image based on the simlab version 2.1 Beta.

Bjorn

Attachments

• helicopter.jpg
    helicopter.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 253

ramirin

I'm having trouble with hypershot/keyshot because grain is 90 degrees wrong in edgebands when it's good for main surface. I could fix it to the models but then I have to create edgebands as their own parts; it's too much work. I draw each panel as one part and just round the edges as there was edgebandings. Is this SimLab software my solution?

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
If you export your Alibre model as a STEP214, and import that into SimLab Composer, you will have access to each face. This will allow you to rotate/orient the grain by face, and orient your edgebanding properly. By selecting a face, and using the "Generate Texture Coordinates = Ctrl + G", have full access to the texture to rescale the edgebanding and rotate it.

Similar to your need is a shelf unit I posted in the SimLab forum, where I used solid color "pvc" edgebanding, rather than wood grain, and in the second image I rotated and scaled the texture to create a realistic solid wood edge banding: http://www.simlabforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=73

I hope to create a sample of this same shelf using Bamboo Plywood, and include the unique edge of the solid core material. I have all the images downloaded from the Internet, but have to create the edge banding image. I have done Plywood layered material edges, and particleboard edges (which was the easiest image to create). I just use an image editor to scale, transform if image is not straight on, and mirror the image so that it is repeatable without obvious joint lines. It does not take much time, and gives that extra bit of realism. I have even scanned plywood and pieces of wood for end/edge grain. My main use with solid wood to to replace standard wood material with true end grain (when the image is of such a scale to need it). SimLab however does a very good job doing end grain on the ends of material without any modification.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
New editions of SimLab Composer:
1- SimLab Compser (3D PDF edition), this edition will not include rendering capabilities,
it will also not include DWG/DXF importers, this edition will serve users who are using SimLab Composer
for building 3D Scenes, and sharing them as 3D PDF files.

2- SimLab Composer (Rendering edition), this is the next release of version 2.1,
it will include all capabilities included in version 2.1 (Rendering and 3D PDF generation),
in addition to new features for 2.2.

3- SimLab Composer (Animation edition), in addition to the capabilities offered in the Rendering edition,
this edition will provide the user with the tools needed to create different types of animations
including KeyFrame, Camera, Round table, Path, and Material.
It will also include the needed tools to automatically render an animation and combine rendered images in a movie.

Command line translation:
Regarding scripting, scripting support was one of the features we considered in our design,
so it will not be difficult to add scripting; we are still thinking how users will benefit from it.
In the 2.2 release we will start with supporting command line translation using SimLab Composer.

Animation:
Simple assembly animation
Product preview:
http://www.simlabforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158