What's new

Thread funny representation change

Hi all,

I've upgraded to v25 and just doing some mods on a job. I've added a tapped hole and when I switched between through and blind the representation changes. Gives the impression of a fine thread. I've done a drawing of it and it showed a standard metric thread.
The part is only 12mm thick, if I manually make the hole 14 deep its ok, make it 20mm deep and it switches to the fine looking thread again.
Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Cheers

Attachments

• thread visual change.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Cheers, I've done a ticket. Upon further testing it seems to happen on round objects. I started a new file, made a cylinder, added a tapped hole. Changed from blind to through and this time it stretched the hole thread. So sent in that info as well :)

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Cheers, I've done a ticket. Upon further testing it seems to happen on round objects. I started a new file, made a cylinder, added a tapped hole. Changed from blind to through and this time it stretched the hole thread. So sent in that info as well :)

I noticed this behavior yesterday.

I created a threaded hole in a part, then later edited the thickness of the part.

Increasing the thickness of the part stretches the thread and made the pitch appear coarser. Oddly, im trying it again today on the same part and it's working fine.

Last edited: