What's new

Trouble importing DWG

PTTyler

I'm having trouble importing a DWG that has been exported from Vellum-Ashlar into Alibre. It's a drawing from my dad so I'm not sure if he exported it incorrectly or if I'm importing it incorrectly. He only knows how to draw in 2D so it should be a 2D file, however, I'm not sure how to confirm.

After attempting to import, I am faced with a black workspace. I activate sketch mode and the workspace turns white but it is still blank. I have tried all four import setting combinations: maintain projection (y/n) and import visible layers (y/n) but the results seem to be the same.

Am I doing something wrong or is has the file not been exported correctly?

Attachments

• BKT2260.dwg
    19.7 KB · Views: 15

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It looks like your drawing has nothing in it. Your dad may not have exported it correctly. Did he export it as a DXF?
I started a sketch on sheet, drew a rectangle and was able to zoom fit to ONLY the rectangle. A Select All (Ctrl+A) did not select anything either.

Have your dad resend you the file as a DXF but SAVE it first in Ashlar-Vellum, maybe something got lost in the translation. :confused:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Opening it in a text editor - it appears all messed up. Tired in a couple of other applications, no geometry shows.