What's new

Trouble with sketches

Rather than make us guess what is wrong, perhaps post the file here...
Hi Wazzu,

We still await the 3D Part with the 2D Sketch in question, as already asked by David.
Screenshots help to answer general questions, but in detail, it is only possible with the file.

Hi Wazzu,

We still await the 3D Part with the 2D Sketch in question, as already asked by David.
Screenshots help to answer general questions, but in detail, it is only possible with the file.
thought I'd send this along!! What i' hoping for at this point is to attach the gear to it's shaft. Don't know if it has to have the diameter of the ID changed or if it is a simply a matter of constaints!! Thanks a million!!

Attachments

• full snip.PNG
    full snip.PNG
    91.4 KB · Views: 7
i saw something last night that I've never seen before when i was slicing up that gear. While trying to take off all the extra material that I didn't really need, i went to extrude cut and it it added material rather than cutting it. i had to "add" material to get it to cut! i'm attaching the gear slice for your viewing pleasure. Don't know if that is of any value.

Attachments

• gear slice desktop.AD_PRT
    4.8 MB · Views: 6
i saw something last night that I've never seen before when i was slicing up that gear. While trying to take off all the extra material that I didn't really need, i went to extrude cut and it it added material rather than cutting it. i had to "add" material to get it to cut! i'm attaching the gear slice for your viewing pleasure. Don't know if that is of any value.
I don't know what going on with the huge file, usually they are only a few kb! i went back to the windows machine where i have Alibre and attempted to replace that huge file.

this one is still and issue add to cut, cut to add????

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a faulty import - what settings did you use when importing? Did you check the part whilst importing? If the import geometry is faulty, all kinds of weird stuff can happen downstream.

this one is still and issue add to cut, cut to add????
I changed keyboards and the reverse behavior of the extrude function ceased. Thats a shame, i love that keyboard which is a knockoff of the mac keyboard but it has some electronics in it that make it swing both ways pc/mac mac/pc and apparently Alibre can't handle it!!

the attached files occured during manipulating this file. i don't know if you need more or different info/

Attachments

• error 2.PNG
    error 2.PNG
    34.5 KB · Views: 6
thought I'd send this along!! What i' hoping for at this point is to attach the gear to it's shaft. Don't know if it has to have the diameter of the ID changed or if it is a simply a matter of constaints!! Thanks a million!!
I figured out how to tie the gears to the shaft so that the shaft is driven by the gears or vice versa! what is NOT working is when i begin to create a constraint between the gears themselves the moment I select the second gear nearly all the constraints picture
I changed keyboards and the reverse behavior of the extrude function ceased. Thats a shame, i love that keyboard which is a knockoff of the mac keyboard but it has some electronics in it that make it swing both ways pc/mac mac/pc and apparently Alibre can't handle it!!

the attached files occured during manipulating this file. i don't know if you need more or different info/

TURN RED I MEAN ALL BUT 5 or 6

Attachments

• full page snip.PNG
    full page snip.PNG
    186.8 KB · Views: 12
I figured out how to tie the gears to the shaft so that the shaft is driven by the gears or vice versa! what is NOT working is when i begin to create a constraint between the gears themselves the moment I select the second gear nearly all the constraints picture

TURN RED I MEAN ALL BUT 5 or 6
i had the tree with all its constraints (in the screen shot but they got snipped out of the post)