Atom3D doesn't get the first 3 major items listed, but I believe gets pretty much everything else.I may be wrong about all the excitement and waiting for V25 update, but! what did i get for my £70 maintenance With Alibre Atom?? as i see no improvement in Atom with it limited tools or no emboss? did i miss something or
The choice to pay active maintenance is 100% your decision. No one is forcing you to pay it every year. For home use, do you really need every update? There are many application I use that only get updated when a feature that is useful for me is added. Some applications I use haven't been updated for years ... I still use WinNT Server 2000, Office 2010, CorelDraw X5 and MOI v3, because nothing in newer versions adds anything to what I can already do, so why outlay more money! Do you really need a paid CAD at all for hobby use? As I say, the choice is yours.I’m pretty pleased with the software but paying 90 euro per year for one improvement in a complete new version is not acceptable.
SVG import/export from 2D sketch
Support for side by side installation (future benefit)
Core properties able to be set as defaults
Equation editor column width remembered in session..
Update to import export module (important if you import from other systems)
Assorted bug fixes
Maybe not 'big' features, but many are helpful with designing. Most users 12 months maintenance will cover 2 version updates.
I can see that you’re a staff member and supporting Alibre which is normal. But come on, these updates are pretty poor:
- Expanding Snapping, Had this in V24 [or very similar]
- Import/Export, nothing to do with designing.
- Core Properties, nothing to do with designing.
- Side by Side installation, so we have to pay for Alibre future developments come on…….. and this has nothing to do with designing
- Core properties able to be set as defaults, nothing to do with designing
- Update to import export module, nothing to do with designing
- Assorted bug fixes, Shouldn’t have been there in the first place, software writer errors, and once again nothing to do with designing.
- Also, I have never had 2 Version updates in one year.
- Want to see what improvements I get from Microsoft Office in one year? And this also costs me 90 euro per year.
- So you can see I’m a little pi…. Off, and as I can see on the forum so are others! Management, take note.
Hi David,Expanded snapping for example - no you didn't have this in v24. The 'expanded' refers to adding the behaviour to apply to entities that previously didn't have this, to make the design process smoother and quicker. A feature that people liked has been implemented across more of the software.