What's new

Upgrade to pro v24 didn't work. Now Alibre is inoperative.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Define 'inoperative' ! Does it run? did it finish installing? is it asking for an activation code? You haven't wasted $$$, you just need to give more info so others can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Also give your PC/OS specs and what did you upgrade from? But really this is something to contact support for directly. They could better help and if it truly won't work on your PC I imagine they would refund you.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
What was your upgrade procedure? Did you uninstall the prior version first? If so, did you restart your computer before installing v24?
How did Alibre Support help you with your v22 update?

swertel

Alibre Super User
@hmorgan , I'm curious. You have only posted twice on these forums. The first was to complain about a bad v22 install. And now this time complaining about a bad v24 install. I'm seeing a common denominator, and I don't think it is Alibre.

Last edited:

hmorgan

Define 'inoperative' ! Does it run? did it finish installing? is it asking for an activation code? You haven't wasted $400, you just need to give more info so others can help you.
Errs out on opening with "updater.exe - Application Error", will not load projects stating that "object reference not set to an instance of an object" I entered the activation code. I have two trouble case files entered with no response to either one. Alibre has no method of physically contacting a living voice to solve issues.

hmorgan

W
@hmrogan, I'm curious. You have only posted twice on these forums. The first was to complain about a bad v22 install. And now this time complaining about a bad v24 install. I'm seeing a common denominator, and I don't think it is Alibre.
who is hmrogan?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Alibre has no method of physically contacting a living voice to solve issues.
Odd that there is no Contact Us link at the bottom of the Alibre Home page. But buried on the Return Policy page is a phone number you can call or an email address to send a message. I'd bet that if you called their phone number someone would help you out get you to someone who can.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Which version did you update from? Which OS are you running? May be a missing pre-requisite. Also sounds like the updater may have failed. I'm sure Alibre Support will get this fixed.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Did you just upgrade to Pro, or was there also a version update?

Upgrade to Pro doesn't need the customer to do anything usually - just wait for the licence profile to be upgraded.

A version update can occasionally have problems, might require a re-install or other measures to resolve. Issues more likely with Win7, as some needed update is not automatic.

Last edited:

albie0803

Alibre Super User
May sound like a random question but it has caused problems before: Is your Documents folder in a non standard location?