What's new

User meeting results

steved

Stability

I guess many of us will have our own wish lists of what we would like to see in fourth coming releases of Alibre, but my number one is to ensure that the package I already have is stable and productive.

I like others among you am experiencing severe difficulties with large 2D drawings, getting pretty tired of constantly restarting Alibre to clear memory and experiencing far too many hang ups dealing with these files.

I spoke to Alibre last week and they told me they are testing modules now that will hopefully solve most of our problems.

Cheers

Steve

indesign

Alibre Super User

Can't mention much but I can tell youI have saw some work coming in 2D to help. I have not done any testing but the previews look good.

hul

Sounds good ! Hopefully we are getting some usefull sucess . Cheerio alibre ! does anybody know the release date ?

hul

indesign

Alibre Super User

Looks like Alibre intends to keep some of these as a V9.x to add to our enhancements. I think it will help to place V9 enough above V8 to make it look like everyone (not just those who got configurations) had a good reason to upgrade.

2D has been at the bottom of requests for many people because they use Autocad or other 2D cad to do 2D work. Alibre is playing catch up on 2D and for me I would like to be able to use it as easy as Autocad for my 2D drawings. I am trying to go full Alibre on design and some of the new 2D features will help. I hope the speed will be greatly enhanced but as of now I do not know what it planned or when. (rumers only)

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Based on past releases, I would expect a minor release to be a few weeks to a couple of months away. (my estimate)

Since they are working on major software changes (according to the other posts) the major release (V10) can be expected to be several months away (my guess again). I am highly anticipating this release!