What's new

V12 Rocks !

mkent

The new lighting is very nice but the "visible edges" needs to be turned off in "View", "Display"; just click "Shaded"

bobster

Version 12, very nice.
I did not participate in the Beta program, so V12 is new to me.
Smooth, no problems install.
Loads files noticably faster.
Manipulates large assemblies, (several hundred parts) smoothly, no jerking motion.
This is on a system witj 2GB memory and a 512MB video card.
With just a minimal amount of using V12, I'll add my endorsement and give Alibre a big Attaboy for V12!

Wing-Nut

It rocks as long as you do not need to Export a STEP file to a CAM Software. This is the only issue I have had so far. This could also be being caused by the Design Order but I will have to wait till later to find out. :(

indesign

Alibre Super User
Wing-Nut said:
It rocks as long as you do not need to Export a STEP file to a CAM Software. This is the only issue I have had so far. This could also be being caused by the Design Order but I will have to wait till later to find out. :(

Not having any issues with the step export here. Could you send me a file to test?

cnc

Typical, I go away for a while, acually jumped the fence, shelled out the mega bucks and went to Solidworks Premium 2009.So frustrated with loosing the repository and having to re-sort many thousands of files and needed things like color by feature, faster sketching tools, more stability in larger assemblies Faster assembly constraint tools amonst other things. Then out of curiosity I breeze on in to see what my old buddys have been up to and what you know AD has released V12 and slipped in most of the things I was after before I defected. Bugger
:roll:

robdavis

cnc said:
So frustrated with loosing the repository ++++++++++++++ Bugger. :roll:
Yes – bugger is the correct response. I have made Alibre Vault/M-files work for me but with no thanks to Alibre. They really screwed up with the change from Repository to Alibre Vault/M-files and they are still in denial.
There is still no leadership/training on the use of Alibre Vault/M-files for the Albre users from the Alibre team. I cracked the problem with the advice from Woodworks and the M-files forum – Alibre provided a very lean DIYS kit.
I am yet to load V12 to my main work puter – nervous due to the initial problems with V11 but will do it soon as there are few problems reported in this Forum. However with my other license key on the home puter V12 looks very good – congratulations to the Alibre team for V12 that puts Alibre up with (and ahead in some areas) the other players.

robdavis

For our American, Japanese, Spanish and other friends I thought an explanation of the word "bugger" might be helpful.

From Wikipedia - Bugger is a slang word used in the vernacular British English, Irish English, Australian English, Canadian English, New Zealand English, South African English, Indian English, and occasionally also in Malaysian English, Scots and (rarely) American English. Today, the term is a general-purpose expletive, used to imply dissatisfaction, or used to describe someone or something whose behaviour is in some way displeasing.