What's new

V27 features

Clint

I was just updated to v27 and was wondering if there is a list somewhere that shows what was added by level. So far everything I see for version 27 only works with expert and not with Professional.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
@HaroldL , the release page 'indicates' that everyone get all new improvements, except for Pro who get 1 additional feature and Expert that gets 2 more! Now I know that won't be the case, but the information isn't clear, especially for Pro and Atom users who I know won't get everything. @Clint was wanting some clarification, which sadly the releases page does not really give.

Based on the maintenance costs of Atom, Pro and Expert, I would expect that Expert gets far more than the others with Atom getting a few enhancements. Pro somewhere in between. If not, then why is there such a massive difference in maintenance costs between the products? ... I digress. Still doesn't clearly address the OP's request for a breakdown per version.

What it needs is an icon next to each itemised feature/enhancement showing which version it's applicable to. Similar to the help topics.

I guess @Max or one of the other nice folks in the Alibre team can clarify (and hopefully put that information on the release webpage too).

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The release history page has everything and where it is version specific, it is called out.

The pricing page is not intended to be an exhaustive list for existing customers. If we put every feature there called out by version, the list would be 300 things long. That list is intended to give enough info to new custoemrs to make a decision.

So, go by the release-history page, and in v27 and also moving forward it does show which items are only in a specific version.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
The release history page has everything and where it is version specific, it is called out.
So, is this related to Atom as it doesn't explicitly say Pro & Expert Only? ...

1692911990403.png

There are also fixes/enhancement that relate to things like scripting ... Atom doesn't have scripting, so it's not applicable for Atom users. It doesn't show that!

I'm only reading @Clint 's original post and seeing it from his perspective! As a long term user, I know, dev knows, but I think it needs to be clearer to newer users, that's all!

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I think this is fair. The file format stuff was an oversight and should be more called out.

We focused calling out the new features versus the other changes but I can see validity in that. I'll modify it tomorrow.