What's new

V9 upgrade

steved

V9 upgrade

Ive received an email from Alibre informing me that V9 is now available but the Alibre software does not find any upgrades when starting, any one else had the same problem.

Cheers

Steve

aa2

I believe that the original email did not contain all of the needed information; this issue is being fixed as we speak. The rest of the instructions are as follows:

1. Sign into http://www.alibre.com using your username and password.
2. Click on the Account Info link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
3. Click on the Upgrade to 9.0 link and follow the subsequent instructions.

Upgrade your license to 9.0

Users,

A new email is going out with the necessary link to update your license to 9.0. This step was not present in the original email. To upgrade your license now, login to http://www.alibre.com and select Account Info. On this page you will see a menu link to "Upgrade to 9.0". Please click the link to upgrade your license. On the next launch of Alibre Design, you will receive the updates.

Best regards,
Alibre Administrator

jemmej

What do you mean mis-installed?
And, I'm being requested to find the Alibre Design.msi file? I don't have this on my computer!

Jim

MilesH

Alibre Super User

Went to make a coffee while it updated itself, when I came back it had frozen on start-up. I've un-installed and downloaded the full installer...

MilesH

Alibre Super User

I'm fine now after a complete un-install/re-install. I think the glitch may have been a combination of updating plus the time-out problem.

indesign

Alibre Super User

FORGOT....only pro or higher gets the configurations. Mine is dissabled. But I have 10 more months of maintenece left.....hope they have a sale near the end of the year.

jemmej

Re:

MilesH said:
I'm fine now after a complete un-install/re-install. I think the glitch may have been a combination of updating plus the time-out problem.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Can't wait to mess with configurations!

Jim

steved

V9 and Repositories

I know you cant please all of the people all of the the time but I am hugely disappointed that the repository is still not search-able in V9, when if ever will we see this feature. :(

Cheers

Steve

cclark440

Alibre Super User

Steve

I am working on an API plug in that will search the repository. I have it working with one exception. There is currently no way to access the date of the files. This is the last big hurdle I am trying to jump. I have been in contact with Alibre and am awaiting thier answer. I am really hoping that with the new expanded API this will be a snap to finish.

Currently I have it setup so you can search for specific file types in any combination of selected reps. You supply a search string, (including wild card searchs) then choose the file type(s) and reps to search.

jemmej

The very nature of a binary file based repository makes indexing and searching an interesting task. I hope cclark's API plug-in works well!

I am not in any way speaking for Alibre. However, I know that intranet repositories, searching, etc. is not an unnoticed request. If I was a betting man I'd say we see the functionality in the latest at v10. But, I'd put my money on a v9 service pack.

There are times when I would've liked to have a search function. But, that is mainly the result of a poorly implemented file structure on my end!

Jim

swertel

Alibre Super User
Re:

jemmej said:
The very nature of a binary file based repository makes indexing and searching an interesting task. I hope cclark's API plug-in works well!

I'll buy that for a dollar.