What's new

Version 9 problem poll

If you loaded version 9 are you having problems?

• Yes. Major problems (please list them in a response).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but the problems are annoying but not major. (list problems)

• No. I use many of Alibre's capabilities. I have not found a single problem.

• No. But, I don't use many of the advanced options or I have not had a chance to test it much.

• I have not loaded version 9.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interesting poll...

It asks this question...

Yet it prompts people who have not "loaded version 9" to vote
which as of this moment has watered down the percentages by 20%.

...there is probably a job for you out there designing polls for the democratic party. :wink:

Sick...maybe but I'm trying to make the 500 club another way...

Steve

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
Re: If you loaded version 9 are you having problems?

captainCosmic said:
Interesting poll...

It asks this question...

Yet it prompts people who have not "loaded version 9" to vote
which as of this moment has watered down the percentages by 20%.

If [who ever you are] you can't make it as a designer...there is probably a job for you out there designing polls for the democratic party. :wink:

Sick...maybe but I'm trying to make the 500 club another way...

Steve

Hey Steve,

I designed the poll, with not a lot of forethought. I added the last option just for those that had not loaded version 9 (like myself at the time) to have a vote. It may not have been the best thing to do, but oh well.

By the way, I don't make my living as a designer. I make my living as an engineering manager. I am using Alibre to build a side business in Design and am enjoying the adventure. And, the only way I would ever do anything for the Democratic Party ..... well I can't think of anything I would do for them at the moment.

You are welcome to start the poll over.

EDIT (following Steve's Edit): Thanks for the edit Steve. Let's let this one ride... It had no where to go but way off-topic. :wink:

MxMike46

Modelpress Publisher no longer works, I have updated it also with no luck.

After long use Alibre slows to a crawl then locks. Fixed only by reboot.

Frequent crashes.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
Re:

MxMike46 said:
Modelpress Publisher no longer works, I have updated it also with no luck.

After long use Alibre slows to a crawl then locks. Fixed only by reboot.

Frequent crashes.

Since the service pack, mine has been working almost flawlessly. Still seeing a bit of a memory leak, but not such a problem if you watch it. I would recommend that if you have the service pack that an uninstall / reinstall may be in order. I had to do that on my laptop. On the issue of ModelPress Publisher, make sure you read the release notes. I think it said to install Reader first (at least I remember there was a specified order).

dave2962

V9 performance

My only real complaint since upgrading to 9 is the performance when editing a part from an assembly. Does anyone else have this problem? It wasn't lightning fast with 8 but it was acceptable. Since I upgraded it is much worse. I have not made any changes to my system so I don't think it is a graphics or resources issue. I have a major project coming and this is going to be a real problem.

Dave Grady

siggy

The only time I have performance issues when editing a part within an assembly is if I have a lot of inter-design constraints. Three or four of those will bring my system to ints knees. Otherwise, I don't find the performace to be an issue.

How much ram is in your system? If your system is on the edge of its ram limit then you may be forcing the system into virtual memory when editing in an assembly.

Robert

swertel

Alibre Super User

In general, when commenting on performance problems, it is a good idea to list all the hardware specifications for the computer exhibiting the problem. Only then can a reasonable explanation of slowness be concocted.

dave2962

hardware

The system is an AMD, not sure the processor speed, 1 gig ram, video Nvidia quadro 380 XGL. I have seen evidence of the memory leak that everyone has mentioned, but this performance issue is present immediately, before the memory leak becomes an issue. As I said, I didn't really have this issue with 8.2 on this same system.

Dave Grady