What's new

Videos for Alibre but Maybe Not Atom3D?

silver2row

Hello,

Me again...I was watching videos on making profiles and threads again:

That link is a Ex Machina Engineering video on Youtube.com...

Okay, even though everyone has jumped in to support the cause, me-me-me here, does that video have specifics (options and particulars) that Alibre Atom3D cannot handle?

For instance, I was going to try to make the die with interior threading and use the Atom3D source to handle Boolean relationships of the two separate pieces, e.g. a threading die and a shaft or unthreaded rod.

I watched most of the video again and saw some relationship moves that are unfamiliar to me so far. I have not tried to make a part and then add the part to the current setting/sketch.

Seth

P.S. If the threading die and unthreaded rod cannot happen to join in Alibre Atom3D, fine. That is okay. I just would like to know if it is or is not possible by chance.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Hello,

Me again...I was watching videos on making profiles and threads again:

That link is a Ex Machina Engineering video on Youtube.com...

Okay, even though everyone has jumped in to support the cause, me-me-me here, does that video have specifics (options and particulars) that Alibre Atom3D cannot handle?

For instance, I was going to try to make the die with interior threading and use the Atom3D source to handle Boolean relationships of the two separate pieces, e.g. a threading die and a shaft or unthreaded rod.

I watched most of the video again and saw some relationship moves that are unfamiliar to me so far. I have not tried to make a part and then add the part to the current setting/sketch.

Seth

P.S. If the threading die and unthreaded rod cannot happen to join in Alibre Atom3D, fine. That is okay. I just would like to know if it is or is not possible by chance.

No. Atom doesn't have the ability to do booleans.

But, there are several videos on YouTube that show methods for modeling threads with Atom.

One from Ex Machina

Or

silver2row

You are welcome, @Ex Machina .

I figured some people could use the documentation a bit, especially when looking through files upon files or even when books become tedious.

Seth

P.S. I am going to try your double sided bolt soon from your youtube channel.

silver2row

No. Atom doesn't have the ability to do booleans.

But, there are several videos on YouTube that show methods for modeling threads with Atom.

One from Ex Machina

Or
@Ken226 ,

Hey sir, I just read (watched) the video you posted of the threading being done on that particular "shoulder bolt." Nice. I will revisit it soon to test my skills on Alibre.

Seth