What's new

Why does the 3d cube disappears all the time??

Zc@d

Hello, the 3D cube in the top right angle of the viewport gets hidden all the time, I have to go in the display menu to activate it again and again, it's really annoying.
I constantly use this cube because it's very convenient fo choosing the orthogonal views. How do I solve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Zc@d

I don't even know, it really happens at any moment, I feel like it's quite random, be it in the assembly mode or the other ones.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to try a user profile re-set, or a re-install. If neither help, try to note circumstances of when problem occurs and raise a support ticket.

This was happening to me in V26, and now in V27 it is happening also. Never could tell when to reproduce. I swintch off and on the cude display and it comes back.

WillB

Just to jump on the pile, I have seen the same thing happen.
The view cube will randomly disappear

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Same here, going all the way back to v23. Ive mentioned it before, but never figured out exactly what causes it.

Working on a part, with view-cube present, start and finish a sketch, then go back into the modeling workspace and the view-cube has vanished. Have to go back into the view tab to turn it back on.

I'm not sure what causes it to turn itself off, but it seems very intermittent.

Last edited:

Ken226

Alibre Super User
The closest thing I've found to a solution is to start using the right and left mouse buttons simultaneously to rotate the view.

Once you get used to doing it that way, you won't notice the missing view-cube anymore. Much.