What's new

Recent content by cdub

1. C

Had it with this error "LOST ENT"

The other observation I have about this, is that once you get it once on a file, you'll keep getting it over an over with that file, regardless of what you are doing with it.
  2. C

Had it with this error "LOST ENT"

I get this error whenever a model gets beyond a certain amount of complexity and I'm going back into the feature tree and modifying things. This is especially true of models that have any sort of shell feature in them. The only way I can clear it is to hit save, close the file, close alibre...
  3. C

Do we have an issue with an old ACIS version?

Do we have reason to believe this will resolve this issues myself and others have experienced? Will these updates makes the Loft and Shell commands first class citizens?
  4. C

Issues with the loft tool, a nice clean example of where AD seems to always fail me

Again, the point of this simplified example isn't to say, "this geometry can't possibly be created". The point is to demonstrate in an easy to share manner that the software breaks when you try to go about it a certain way. In the year 2017, my personal expectation is that the software...
  5. C

Issues with the loft tool, a nice clean example of where AD seems to always fail me

We both know that. The point of this file is to be a simplified example. There are plenty of geometries where you would want to do the shell first. Why can't I mirror the shell in AD? I can mirror it in every other CAD program on the market. If it doesn't work in this most basic case, just...
  6. C

Here is an example of shell/mirror issues, no loft involved. It's a simple part. In AD, Feature mirror won't let you select the shell. You can select it, and it highlights, but doesn't get mirrored. MirrorShellAD by cdub posted Oct 31, 2017 at 10:33 AM In OS, it behaves as you would expect...
  7. MirrorShell_OS

MirrorShell_OS

8. MirrorShellAD

MirrorShellAD

9. C

I should have stated that more clearly. The Loft working or not is just the first step. The other tools that you then apply to the loft to finish the geometry not working is just as big of a problem. My experience is similar to yours. The shell command is flaky with extrude/revolve based...
  10. C

Sorry, I attached them tot he support ticket.
  11. C

I went ahead and put a support ticket in on these issues. I pointed them to the forum discussion and attached the Alibre files. If anyone else has a similar story to share, maybe put it on here. It is free to sign up for OnShape, but the free version is limited to only "public" files. More...
  12. C

Everyone is so hung up on the Lofts, and working around the fact that the Lofts tool doesn't work. That is only 1/3 of the problem. The shell command doesn't work worth a darn and neither does the feature mirror tool. Oh yeah, and fillets are flaky too, so that is really 4 problems. Fillets...
  13. C

Alright guys, it's time to take this idea that "lofts are hard to do", or "you can just whittle it away with extrudes and drafts" out back and shoot it in the head. I just logged into my old OnShape account, which I haven't touched in over 6 months and modeled this thing up exactly how I wanted...
  14. OnShape1

OnShape1

15. OnShapeSTL

OnShapeSTL