What's new

Recent content by ericroberts197

1. E

Offset Function in Sketch Mode

In this particular instance the sketch's were a part of a loft feature, so a thin wall cut doesn't seem to be a workaround (even if it Atom3D did have it).
  2. E

Yeah, that would be ideal.
  3. E

Imagine I sketch a feature as reference geometry and I fully constrain it. Now, say that geometry represented the shape of something entering the part. In the part I wish to make the cut out shape which it enters just a smidge larger. The obvious tool is the offset command. However, when you...
  4. E

Hatching Issue?

Thank you for going the extra distance.
  5. E

Hatching Issue?

I get different "hatch errors" depending on the order in which I select the lines making up the hatch boundary! Is that something you are seeing too?
  6. E

Hatching Issue?

To make a "package file" do I just "Package" in the drawing under the file menu and the part comes along, or is there another step? P.S. The part is unrelated to the sketch. It's just a dummy part so I can sketch "within a view". Turn "Phantom Lines" Layer to visible if you wish to see the...
  7. E

Hatching Issue?

I have this sketch (meant to be a diagram), When I hatch the blue area, this is error is occurring. I thought it might be because the area was small, but when I scale it its doesn't adjust. Alibre Atom 3D - V24
  8. E

Removing Constraints in 2D Drawing

Maybe sketching should only work "in a view", but allow the user to create a "blank view" (without 3d part association). That seems like it would alleviate these types of issues, but may not be feasible.
  9. E

Yeah, I see. Just use a "part view" and the drawing suite functions quite nicely. I can understand this issue as this is meant to be a 3D to 2D modeling software , not a stand alone 2D software. Work around: I have found that "making a copy" in the "Move" function breaks the undesired...
  10. E

This is my ribbon when under "Activate 2D Sketch"
  11. E

I don't see any constraint symbols.
  12. E

My version is Atom 3D - v24. I don't see this when I right click. The work around was basically delete the entire sketch and start again... Is that the only path forward for this version?
  13. E

Yeah, I'm running Atom 3D - not design expert.
  14. E

Thanks for the reply; This is a manually drawn figure in 2d Drawing ( with no 3D part association ). I don't see "toggle constraint symbols" anywhere in the ribbon under "2D sketch mode" or even "Sketch Options" for that matter?
  15. E

In this drawing the soccer field is unable to be moved vertically. If I go to move and select the field and try to place it somewhere else on the page, I get the following error. I've found that simply selecting all the field and clicking and dragging indicates that there is indeed a...