What's new

Recent content by IKRAJ

1. I

Burnt again ?

Dear Paolo, I read your reply and I agree with many of your points. However the issue at hand is the manner and strategic integration that GMD took with DST. I am not a beginner, I have written SPICE (for electronics), FEA, and motion analysis software ever since I was in college and...
  2. I

Burnt again ?

I have noticed that some of you have taken a look at the Dynamics module from DST. I have been using it since its introduction and have had nothing but problems. I don't have a clue who made the decision at Alibre/3DS to (try) to integrate these products into GMD. However, it is obvious that...
  3. I

GM Version 16?

David, I appreciate your help. I was going to follow the same procedures except for the reboot, and after thinking about it it does make sense to reboot after uninstalling the older versions. BTW, thanks a million for sending me the requested file. I am sure it will help me solve the issues I...
  4. I

GM Version 16?

HI, I was wondering if someone can help me with the new upgrade to v16. I just don't want to end up with a non working system for a temporary period due to an installation mistake. I have Geomagic Design (FULL) and Simulate. I noticed that Simulate had an upgrade on the 13th so I need to...
  5. I

NEW FEMdesigner now available

Greg, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year. It has been a looooooong time since I have heard from you or any notices regarding FEM. If possible, I would like to communicate with you ASAP. I hope all is well and I do look forward to hearing back from you. You know how to get a hold of me...
  6. I

Which version to install 32 or 64 bit Geomagic and Dynami

DavidJ, Please excuse my answer. I did not realize hat what you were referring to was the "Parts Library" Off course it can be reached directly at their website .... I don't know where my head was when I read your reply :oops: .
  7. I

DavidJ, Which website do you go to to convert the part from GMD to be used with GD. Also, would you mind giving me an example of how you port the part from GMD to GD? So based on your experience do you recommend to install the 32 or the 64 bit version of both products or can I install the 32...
  8. I

I would like to know if I can now install the 64 bit version of Geomagic and will it support motion (Dynamics for Geomagic 64 bit). As I recall, the earlier versions had to run in 32 bit mode if you wanted to run motion. Could a user that has installed and is running the latest version of...
  9. I

FEMDesigner Add-On

I have been using FEMdesigner and FEMdesigner AD since December 2010 and have been in continuous contact with James since then. Unfortunately the meshing module of FEMdesigner stopped working several months ago (it also hindered FEMdesigner AD) I am trying to resolve this issue with James...
  10. I

FEM

I would like to know what Alibre's future status for FEA software is? I own AD-2011 Expert and have DesignCheck (purchased in 09). However, as most of you know there are many limitations with DC. Although I have found workarounds to solve semi-complex assemblies in DC I still look forward to a...
  11. I

how to measure force?

In this problem you are applying a known TORQUE to the part. However, if you were to apply a "prescribed motion" to a part you can also calculate the forces. Once the prescribed motion is applied and the assembly analyzed with Alibre-Motion you can get the desired data to calculate said force...
  12. I

Alibre Motion - XY Plot window will not resize

FIXED The problem was the video driver. Updated it and it is working now.
  13. I

Alibre Motion - XY Plot window will not resize

Hello, This is my first POST in the Forum. Alibre Design Expert V12.1 - When I open the XY plot window in Motion Simulation I cannot resize or reposition the XY plot window. When XY plot is opened (it maximizes by default) and I click on "restore Down" it "minimizes" the window. Are you...