What's new

Recent content by mmunzer

1. M

Export Import errors with this part.

I previously used rhino to develop more complex surfaces and then exported from rhino via step into alibre. My experience was that many of the complex surfaces can't be imported into alibre. I am not sure if it is a problem with rhino (I suspect that their step export isn't that great) or a...
  2. M

V9 DXF export???

Re: Wonderful! Looking forward to it. Best regards, Marc
  3. M

V9 performance

I noticed the same thing. I opened a model and made a drawing from the model. I then left the computer alone for a couple of hours. When I got back to the computer alibre had used 217MBytes of memory (its a relatively small model). Strange. I think it is a problem in the drawing portion. I...
  4. M

Strange 3d section behaviour???

Thanks. The problem was a bad sub assembly in the model. The model had an empty sub assembly which was causing all the problems. Once I had erased that, then the model worked fine. Best regards, Marc
  5. M

Colors in 3d section views

I remember the green section colors and I agree the new colored sectioned faces are a huge improvement over that. However, if I have a red part, I think it would be logical that the sectioned face was also red. Or if I have a green part, the sectioned face should also be green. Otherwise, it is...
  6. M

Colors in 3d section views

Colors in 3d section views I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but when you apply colors to elements in a model and the do a 3d section, the colors of the sectioned faces are much different than the element. For example I have a model with a green part...
  7. M

Thanks for the tip. When I open the drawing and do a deep regen as you suggest, then I can do a 3d section no problem. So that solved half of my problem :-) Once I have done the deep regen I then save the assembly (all the individual parts are overwritten) and exit the program. The next time...
  8. M

Configurations in Standard???

I also got a reply from Alibre and they also said it was not possible to just get configurations.... :cry: You have to upgrade to the whole Pro package if you want configurations. Best regards, Marc
  9. M

Strange 3d section behaviour??? I am having a strange problem. I have a model which was drawn in Pro-E. It has been exported to STEP and I have imported it into Alibre with no problems. The model looks fine. I can also do 3d sections where I select all the parts...
  10. M

V9 DXF export???

Is there any more news on the ZAP pack for fixing the DXF problem? Best regards, Marc
  11. M

Configurations in Standard???

Configurations in Standard??? Hi, I am very interested in the configurations feature of V9. However, I can now see that this is only a feature in the Pro/expert versions??? :cry: I have no need for Sheet metal design, data management, algor, mecsoft...
  12. M

V9 DXF export???

Is there anyway to go back to 8.2 while we wait for a fix? dxf export is really important to me. Or do you have any idea how long it will take to get the fix? I can wait a couple of days, but if it takes longer, then I need to know so that I can go back to 8.2 Best regards, Marc
  13. M

V9 DXF export???

I can post some JPGs if it helps. best regards, Marc
  14. M

V9 DXF export???

The hatches are different in the alibre drawing than in the exported DXF, lines which are connected in the drawing in alibre are no longer connected in the dxf drawing, etc... I never had problems with 8.2, so I assume that there is some sort of bug in V9. Best regards, Marc
  15. M

V9 DXF export???

V9 DXF export??? Are there others who are having a problem with DXF exports from drawings in V9? I never had any problems with V8.2, but as soon as I have installed V9, the DXFs I get out of Alibre have lots of errors... Best regards, Marc