What's new

Recent content by Rowland

1. Rowland

Question on putting fillet on edge.

You got it. I have realized I don't need a lid. This is what I was trying to do. i have decided to change my design. Making a lid for a shelled part would probably require some experience to makei it fit right. I really appreciate your help.
  2. Rowland

I have done that. I want the top to sit on a rectangular part that has been hollowed out.. I think I maybe have to make two parts and joined them together.
  3. Rowland

I don't want to just taper the edge. I want to cut out around the edge. Like I am running a mill cutter around the edge so the part fits onto a part that I have hollowed out.
  4. Rowland

I want to put a cut arround an edge of a piece to fit it on the bottom part. I thought I saw trace command but I can't find it. This is like putting a lid on a jar.
  5. Rowland

I can not get in 2D mode when in New Part.

Thanks so much. I didn't know how to select a plane. I spent several days and then spent several minutes once i learned how to get into sketch mode.
  6. Rowland

I have looked through the entire course. It is great, the instructor is great. Thanks so much for your help. This course should be part of the oopening screen on Alibre.
  7. Rowland

I can not get 2D to activate when using New Part design. I can not make a square in New Part. I can get 2D to work when making a drawing.