What's new

Recent content by RwSkinner

1. R

Chamfering a hole on the side of a cylinder

I got it, I inserted a hole over the top of it with the tapered sides.
  2. R

Chamfering a hole on the side of a cylinder

I have a round cylinder, that has a cross drilled hole in it. When I chamfer that hole, it's an even chamfer all the way around, and if I used a 5 axis machine. I need to represent the fish eye chamfer, meaning the lower edges are barely broke, but the higher edges have a larger chamfer. IOW...
  3. R

Alibre V23 Drawing Dimensions

I don't typically put dimensions on the 3d iso view but I did today. I noticed that Alibre is scaling the dimension when it shouldn't. Those Dimensions should be 1.499". Has anyone else noticed this?
  4. R

Make a pattern on a round surface indexable

This does bring up a point why my Reference lines aren't anchored to the origin like they typically are? In my sketch above HaroldL.
  5. R

Way to simple HaroldL. Can you come up with a much more complex and irritating solution :) Solved and Thank you ! To simple.
  6. R

Humm, yes, mine does that also, but all the little squares tilt around. and don't stay aligned with the marks.
  7. R

I have a timing gear, which I created a square for the .250 end mill, then created a pattern for 6 slots at 60 degrees. That's fine, but I need to be able to change the anchor point (19 degrees) and have the entire pattern rotate without it loosing their dimensions or orientation. No matter how...
  8. R

Reference Lines in 2D Drawing

Thanks Harold.
  9. R

Yes, it was. When searching for a solution, I read that that would also allow reference lines to come over. It worked, but only partially worked. I sketched it from 2D and then moved them to dotted line layer. Seems odd that you have to do that when a Design Reference is most likely required...
  10. R

Thanks for the response. If what you say is true about them not transferring then why in my 2D drawing 80% of them do show while some are missing?
  11. R

In my 3D design work space, I have numerous reference line that must be shown on the 2D drawing, but Alibre randomly shows what it wants to and an incomplete picture. Below should be a dotted reference line every 60 degrees. How do I get my nice dotted reference lines back on the drawing?
  12. R

Sheet Metal - Flange Error

Absolutely works fine. Making the bottom rectangle the tab then working up from there worked as intended. I have to do a few of these so knowing the above is very helpful, and very simple. Thank you.
  13. R

Actually it kind of ticks me off when I go out of my way to help someone and then never get a response, a thank you or anything s o I try hard not to do that to others. In my case, the first response provided by Stefan got me out of a bind, but it sure seemed like a lot of jumping thru hoops...
  14. R

Thanks Harold. Let me take a look at it. Sorry for the late response but I never did get or I missed the notification stating there were new replies.
  15. R

Sure enough, Thanks. I'm studying what all you've done. I see multiple tabs and then the resize of a flange it looks like you did an extrude cut instead of using dimensions to resize it. Thanks again.