What's new

Recent content by salex319

1. S

Sketch Rotation

All right! I finally got it to work with your help. I had to apply the right constraints ( I know that's obvious ) and it worked fine once I could apply an angle dimension. Thank you very much!
  2. S

Sketch Rotation

Thanks for your reply Stefan. I played around with my own examples and then I downloaded your example file but it doesn't have the angle dimension and I can't figure out how to dimension an angle versus a length. There must be some simple trick but I can't find it.
  3. S

Sketch Rotation

Newbie using Atom3D. In sketch mode I have drawn an object using several primitives (circle and rectangle). Then I realize I want to orient it up rather than sideways (i.e. rotated 90 degrees). Is there any way to do this in Atom3D other than redrawing the entire object?
  4. S

Grouping sketch elements

Thank you all for your inputs. Thanks especially to Max who solved the primary question in the first paragraph with the magic word "shift." The shift key to drag multiple items is what I didn't know and it works beautifully.
  5. S

Grouping sketch elements

I thought that what you say is how things are supposed to work. But if I start with a new design and draw a rectangle which I then extrude to some depth. Then on the surface of that object I draw a circle and intersecting rectangle. Then I trim the interior lines. If I select that entire object...
  6. S

Grouping sketch elements

It may be that a variety of constraints may be necessary to keep elements properly related when moving an object but I hope not since figuring out which constraints are necessary could be very time consuming. I experimented with constraints with that in mind but couldn't figure out what...
  7. S

Grouping sketch elements

Newbie using Atom3D 2019. I'm completely mystified about how to move multiple elements in a 2D sketch. I've seen tutorials where you simply select multiple elements, two circles for example, and then click on one and they both move together. That doesn't work for me. In the image below I drew...