What's new

Recent content by TwinStar

1. T

Amount of Ram?

So far it's blazing fast with no lag. I'm currently modeling a heavyweight passenger car with hundreds, if not thousands, or rivets on it. My old PC was lagging so bad that I quite working on the file. This one certainly appears to be up to the task and once I'm in Alibre I'm enjoying myself again.
  2. T

Amount of Ram?

You have to go into the settings and browse through the computer and 'find' Alibre and then add it to the graphics side so that you can edit the graphics. I can't put into words how much I hate PC's but it is what it is. The lack of Mac support is the singular complaint that I have for Alibre...
  3. T

Amount of Ram?

I was finally able to set the GPU settings for Alibre.
  4. T

Amount of Ram?

Following the advice of a few articles that I read I purchased a Dell XPS 15 with the i9-13900H processor, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, and the NVDIA TRX 4060 graphics card. My only issue is that the Alibre 'Possible Performance Issue Detected' article to ensure that the high performance GPU is used...
  5. T

Amount of Ram?

What's the current high end laptop available? I'm working on railroad cars sides with hundreds of rivets and I'm lagging considerably. I will have to upgrade to keep working. Best Buy shows an i9 Studio, whatever that is.
  6. T

Adding a texture in Atom3d

Thank you both and I apologize for the delay in responding. This project has grown and I got side tracked handling other issues. I'll take a look at both methods. Thanks!! Jacob
  7. T

Adding a texture in Atom3d

I'm going to piggyback on this thread as I need to do something somewhat similar with texture/engraving. I'm assisting a friend with a project and need to find a way to model this engraved 'rope'. It will be printed in HO scale (1:87.1) so it doesn't have to be exact but merely representative...
  8. T

Rivet Heads: Storing, Entry, Patterns

Thank you! Yes, I was trying to filet the top arc instead of the top face. I was trying to use the same approach as I did with square edges. Thank you again. This will move things along nicely.
  9. T

I'm modeling in HO (1:87.1 or Scale Factor of 0.0115). I have no doubt that your method would be more efficient and beneficial. My current hangup is on the 'how' to implement this. I know the program can do it but I'm still trying to unlearn Sketchup and this concept right now is alluding me in...
  10. T

I keep getting the 'BL_CANNOT_REORDER: blends too complex to reorder' when I try to apply a filer to a cylinder. 0.015" diameter, .005" extrude boss, attempting .005" filet
  11. T

I'm just trying for a round head rivet. https://www.hansonrivet.com/rivets/solid-rivets/commercial-solid-rivets/ I had originally tried a cylinder and a filet and got an error. Maybe I had the radius too large. I'll look at that again. Revolving around an inserted axis is a new trick and...
  12. T

I may need to put the horse back in front of the cart. I seem to be struggling to come up with a good method to draw rivet heads. My original idea was to draw the required circle on the face, half it, and then revolve around itself. That doesn't seem to work. Another idea was to extrude a...
  13. T

I don't see any support for revolves in catalog. I can draw the rivet I want (half arc) and revolve it but that's where I don't know what to do next. I don't see the 'copy and paste' method here in Alibre.
  14. T

David, No worries, I thought maybe I had missed something. I see that a lot of guys have their software and version in their signature. I've updated my profile to reflect the same.
  15. T

I played around with the Boolean feature on a milled product and I can't get it to save as anything other than 'Assembly_Boolean_(x)'. I've been trying to rename it without success. I guess it's a file under the part folder? Jacob