What's new

Recent content by Ydl

1. Ydl

Script development and testing

Hi all, I'm a little late to this party. Is there any way to integrate my IDE with Alibre, so that I can develop and run Alibre scripts from within my IDE of choice? I'd be interested in other peoples work flows. I'm working on something with a few moving parts and developing inside the Alibre...
  2. Ydl

Apple Silicon & Windows ARM

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but please, for the love of God, no. Linux support though? I'd dig it.
  3. Ydl

Alibre Design & FreeCad

That lack of auto constraints on pattern and the single intersection per fillet hit me right in the feels.
  4. Ydl

Quick feedback needed

I don't like the idea of clicking white space as a trigger. I feel like this could be something that might either be triggered by a misclick, or be difficult to execute given a certain view of the model. I'd prefer shift-click, lmb/rmb options that are more deliberate and independent of the...
  5. Ydl

Australia Fire

Hello fellow fire nation inhabitant. Glad to hear you're safe. Hope the relies are doing ok.
  6. Ydl

Material Library Wishlist

RIP, my materials library editor. Also, about time. Also... This.
  7. Ydl

A little preview

<Drools> I approve.
  8. Ydl

Mouse pointer is too precise

I was just notified of a lapsed license waiver sale. Still feel like I'm better off waiting a year or two until the new graphics pipeline has matured.
  9. Ydl

This is the solution to way too many problems.
  10. Ydl

This issue ruined me on my 15 inch MBP Retina. Kinda sucked because it (legacy) looked amazing on the retina screen but just wasn't practical precisely for this reason.
  11. Ydl

Frame Generators

Couldn't disagree more. It was one of a handful of features that ruled it out of procurement for the last company I worked for. I now just tinker with 3D design, and I miss it every now and then.
  12. Ydl

Upcoming surprise :D

One of two features of SW that I REALLY missed. Great news.
  13. Ydl

Overriding part and assembly mass

Because Id prefer not to have to model varying fill density/fill type/wall thickness parameters for parts that I'm 3D printing. Edit: it's also a good feature when you have non-homogeneous materials, such as some foam and laminated products, and modelling individual layers isn't in your time...
  14. Ydl

Cool script. I might have a look at it in the future, however I’m kind of wanting to save values into my part and assembly files so it doesn’t quite meet my use requirements. Thanks though. Doing some of these steps programmatically is always an option - it just kind of gets to the point of...
  15. Ydl

I'm modelling a lot of parts such as Pi's and Arduino modules, with resistors and transistors etc modelled as individual parts (thanks budget keyshot). I then weigh the part in question, do a bit of basic math with my modelled volume then create a "part material" that I assign to all the parts...