What's new

Search results

1. R

Chamfering a hole on the side of a cylinder

I got it, I inserted a hole over the top of it with the tapered sides.
  2. R

Chamfering a hole on the side of a cylinder

I have a round cylinder, that has a cross drilled hole in it. When I chamfer that hole, it's an even chamfer all the way around, and if I used a 5 axis machine. I need to represent the fish eye chamfer, meaning the lower edges are barely broke, but the higher edges have a larger chamfer. IOW...
  3. R

Alibre V23 Drawing Dimensions

I don't typically put dimensions on the 3d iso view but I did today. I noticed that Alibre is scaling the dimension when it shouldn't. Those Dimensions should be 1.499". Has anyone else noticed this?
  4. R

Make a pattern on a round surface indexable

This does bring up a point why my Reference lines aren't anchored to the origin like they typically are? In my sketch above HaroldL.
  5. R

Way to simple HaroldL. Can you come up with a much more complex and irritating solution :) Solved and Thank you ! To simple.
  6. R

Humm, yes, mine does that also, but all the little squares tilt around. and don't stay aligned with the marks.
  7. R

I have a timing gear, which I created a square for the .250 end mill, then created a pattern for 6 slots at 60 degrees. That's fine, but I need to be able to change the anchor point (19 degrees) and have the entire pattern rotate without it loosing their dimensions or orientation. No matter how...
  8. R

Reference Lines in 2D Drawing

Thanks Harold.
  9. R

Yes, it was. When searching for a solution, I read that that would also allow reference lines to come over. It worked, but only partially worked. I sketched it from 2D and then moved them to dotted line layer. Seems odd that you have to do that when a Design Reference is most likely required...
  10. R

Thanks for the response. If what you say is true about them not transferring then why in my 2D drawing 80% of them do show while some are missing?
  11. R

In my 3D design work space, I have numerous reference line that must be shown on the 2D drawing, but Alibre randomly shows what it wants to and an incomplete picture. Below should be a dotted reference line every 60 degrees. How do I get my nice dotted reference lines back on the drawing?
  12. R

Sheet Metal - Flange Error

Absolutely works fine. Making the bottom rectangle the tab then working up from there worked as intended. I have to do a few of these so knowing the above is very helpful, and very simple. Thank you.
  13. R

Actually it kind of ticks me off when I go out of my way to help someone and then never get a response, a thank you or anything s o I try hard not to do that to others. In my case, the first response provided by Stefan got me out of a bind, but it sure seemed like a lot of jumping thru hoops...
  14. R

Thanks Harold. Let me take a look at it. Sorry for the late response but I never did get or I missed the notification stating there were new replies.
  15. R

Sure enough, Thanks. I'm studying what all you've done. I see multiple tabs and then the resize of a flange it looks like you did an extrude cut instead of using dimensions to resize it. Thanks again.
  16. R

It looks like the only reason that worked is because it made the flange that was edited to 3" tall on both sides. But if one side is 3.5" tall and the other side is 3" tall, you can't add a flange to it. I believe this is a bug. I'm trying to keep the top of the gutter level, and only allow...
  17. R

no Ideas? I'd like to finish this design but it continues to error out on me.
  18. R

I'm designing a gutter to catch drippings. I first designed it with no slope to it and everything went fine. Then I started all over and I put a 1/2" slope from one end to the other. I have two issues, most likely related. When I do this this, I want a 5/8" flange at 45 degrees on the free...
  19. R

Sheet Metal Bracket

Thank you. I totally forgot about contured flange.
  20. R

Sheet Metal Bracket

How do I make this in sheet metal? I draw the curves and try to tab it but I never get the desired affect. I was trying to make the radius the tab and each ear a flange, but I never could generate the tab properly.