What's new

Search results

1. markporter

Setting view scale precision

Where can I set drawing view precision? I'm trying to overlay an assembly view exactly over an image in a drawing, and need to make a fine adjustment to the scale. I get different behaviour depending on whether I select "Scale" in the drawing face or the Design Explorer - see attached images...
  2. markporter

Initial context for Alibre Script

I can't find a way to launch the Alibre Script console without it being in the context of a part or assembly. Am I missing something here? If I create a new part, then load and run the first tutorial example it creates a further part "test" with my original part being redundant.
  3. markporter

Failure to pattern fillets

It's possible that I'm using a bad practice here, but I can't get one of my fillets to pattern with the Circular Feature Pattern tool. Fillet one (the lug point) patterns OK, but the fillet (in blue) where the lug joins the ring (Fillet 2) fails with "Target no longer...
  4. markporter

Excel add-in for Alibre 2018

Has anyone had any success in getting this working with Excel 2013 (Office 365)? I’ve got as far as having it listed as an inactive add-in under file/options in Excel, but no sign of the add-in ribbon as shown in the Alibre help topic.
  5. markporter

Drag and drop features

Recently I have been designing similar parts, but not similar enough for them to be considered part of a configuration "family". One part had a feature that I needed to recreate in another part, so I tried to drag the feature from one Design Explorer to the other. Surprisingly, this worked, but...
  6. markporter

Blank sheet sizes

Is it possible to add to the list of blanks sheet sizes? I'm aware of the "Custom" option, but there are sheet sizes I often use that are not in the drop-down list.
  7. markporter

How to add a reference for Geomagic Design 2013?

Hi, I'm a newbie to API programming with VB 2010 express and the Geomagic design API. I wrote a few simple applications that worked with Alibre 2011/2012, but I can't get them to work with 2013. So, back to the drawing board. I've started again in Visual Studio 2010 express with Alex Frankes...