What's new

Search results

1. M

importing a DXF

When I import a dxf file into parts its always offset. Is there a key to press so the dxf is in the center of the part model space ?
  2. M

importing step or solidworks file

I have a design made by someone else and have the option to buy either the step or the Solidworks file Since I'm paying which one is the better, if any of the 2 formats ?
  3. M

Size does matter......

Print yourself a full size car https://www.e-ci.com/baam-3d-printed-projects
  4. M

Mouse pointer is too precise

In the latest update, the mouse pointer in a sketch needs to be right on the line and often when clicking the mouse, the mouse/pointer moves a bit and misses the line/poit etc This is sooooooooo annoying and actually makes Alibre a pain in the b... My co-workers laughs at me when I have loud...
  5. M

import STL

is there a way to import a STL file into Alibre ? ? ta Kim
  6. M

Threads not exported with STL file

When a hole with a thread in the drawing is exported to a STL file for 3D printing, the thread is not exported. Do I really have to a helix for each hole ? Is there a script for this ? It would also be good if the thread could shown in the model, maybe turned on/off if is gets too slow for...
  7. M

drawing orientation when exporting from Alibre

Do I have to export a certain view from Alibre (or does the XY axis always "point" down) or is there a way to re-arrange the assembly in KS to have it the way I want it ? Ta Kim
  8. M

Grain Direction Control

When I apply the Ash wood grain, the grain goes one way one one panel and 90 degress offset on the next panel Is there a way to control the grain direction ? Ta Kim
  9. M

importing dxf

Is there a way to import a dxf/dwg drawing directly into parts or sheet metal ? It seems that I need to open it in drawings, then copy and paste into parts. Also, often the pasted bit ends up a long way from the center of the part I wonder if wizoscript could do a simpler or better job of this...
  10. M

How to create a dynamic spring

Is there a way to create a dynamic spring that will compress/expand in an assembly ? I can draw a fixed spring just fine
  11. M

SLA printer recomendations

Can anyone recommend a SLA printer ? The larger the print size the better I have been traveling the net but haven't really come across any good reviews Something like this https://www.xyzprinting.com/en-US/product/nobel-1-0a I need to print for casts and tough ( ) Any comments are welcome
  12. M

Thread not showing

When using the hole tool and creating a thread, the thread is not showing nor does it print when printing a 3D part. How do I make it print the tread ? K
  13. M

Wizoscript not working V4.36

Just updated from V3.5 something to V4.36. Wizo does not start at all, no sign of life in the task manager. Using latest Win10 with updates. Tried removing windows virus protection and Mcafee but still no joy Any suggestions ? K
  14. M

Wizoscript - more advanced dialog boxes

Are there any other user interfaces other than the dialog boxes, ie optionsDialog ? I would like to have some graphics displayed within the dialog to guide the user Can I include tkinter, easygui or something similar ? Thanks
  15. M

Excel automation

When I use an Excel driven drawing, it appears that I need to open the Excel spreadsheet file, go to the Alibre Design Add-in and then press the "update all button". Is there a way I can do this automatically somehow ? Ie either via Python, basic or something else ? So I want to update the...