What's new

Search results

1. R

Using same Datum Letter more than once

I just edited the text of the "E" datum and made it a (D). Yea, the box is bigger, but at least the point gets across. :?
  2. R

Text translation issue on exported dxf/dwg...

Hmm. That's what I thought too. Wonder what he means by "the text needs to be geometry." After all, it's a CAM package, not CAD.
  3. R

On a similar subject...Turns out the "GibbsCAM" can see the drawings, but will not import text unless it's converted into geometry (vectors?). Anyone know if there's a way to convet the text (notes and dimensions)into geometry too? I thought about the .emf extension, but Gibbs will not import...
  4. R

Hole Tool... The Hole Tool... Is it me or does it need work?

Maybe. Here's what I do: I leave that hole where it is...no matter if it's way off. I give it the appropriate dimensions and then hit okay. Next; go to the design explorer and the hole is there...under that is a "sketch" you can edit for the hole. Right-click and Edit. You now see a point...
  5. R

I second the "suggestion" that Alibre look into having an export .dxf format for some of the older stuff. R12 seems to be common.
  6. R

8.2 Service Patch 2 - What did it fix?

I would order the CD from Alibre if I were you: $15 s&h http://www.alibre.com/register/upgradec ... ode=HFJJKA I think that's it... :wink:
  7. R

Ok...is there another option I might have to get the text and dimensions to show in CADKEY? Or is the "KeyCreator" a possible upgrade to CADKEY We might want to get??? Any suggestions appreciated. :mrgreen: EDIT: I found a translator for dxf/dwg files --> http://www.anydwg.com I...
  8. R

Text translation issue on exported dxf/dwg... Can someone give me an idea of what might be wrong here: I export an Alibre drawing as a .dxf or .dwg file and my CNC guy tries to open it in his programs...everything except the text is fine. Text is jibberish with an occasional...
  9. R

Parts flipping over during mate or align constraint in assy

Mine does it too. I think the issue lies in the orientation of the individual parts to their coordinate systems. In an assembly, they are reversed and when aligned/mated, they flip. Not sure tho... :?
  10. R

File-system to Repositories?

Each one has a drawing already. I would like the drawings to be available in repository also. Wonder if there's a possibility of easier transfer between repository and separate file system on future version. :wink:
  11. R

Cool. The parts are all separate files; so not an assembly. I will probably save the ones I've been working on more frequently into repository...and just back up the others on my local drive too. No problem. Thanks. 8)
  12. R

File-system to Repositories? Hopefully a simple answer: I have been saving my files into a file system but I think I would like to use the repository (since my file-system is currently saving on the server :( ) Is there a way to copy my files all over into...
  13. R

Mass Calculation...

I found the problem. I was mass-measuring an imported igis file. Knowing the guy who did it, he probably changed a bunch of stuff on the final machining paths. I checked one I know was machined correct & it checked out very close...within a couple ounces on a 16 Lb. part. My bad. :oops...
  14. R

Mass Calculation...

Mass Calculation... Anyone experienced mass measurement of a model that's waaay off from the actual mass of a produced part? I am giving the model a material property (ie: steel, cold drawn) and doing the Tools>Physical Properties>Calculate. The mass...
  15. R

After Work - Work w/Alibre Questions

Ok. PM sent. Try ISP.com They're cheap dialup ($8.95) and the service has been pretty good. :)
  16. R

Re: I went immediately into construction-management after school. Worked under several PE's for about 2 yrs... but I was in the field reading prints and coordinating construction (big industrial & automotive factories). Then the...
  17. R

Re: My First post. :mrgreen: What about doing that analysis for work? Do you have to report to a PE? I am in a similar situation but no PE at my work. Just my ME degree and EIT. :(