What's new

Search results

1. Cator

Alibre and CAM partners

A dream. Vetric Aspire 12 capable of importing Alibre files. Vetric Aspire V12 was released a few days ago. It's a pleasure for the eyes to see the work they've done on the graphical interface and the improvement of free forms. It would be nice to see the CADM parametric solidity of Alibre...
  2. Cator

Learning from history

Autodesk founder John Walker passed away on February 2. I became aware of this https://www.fourmilab.ch/autofile/e5/ link through an article which recalls the history of the company told by the founder himself and I think it could be inspiring for those who don't already know it to learn the...
  3. Cator

Search for folders and files on your PC

HI, for all those who don't remember where that file or folder ended up, today I discovered this simple and powerful tool that allows you to do refined searches in just one click. I hope it can be as helpful to you as it was to me. Greetings, Francesco https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/...
  4. Cator

Suppress disappear

Hi, I'm having the following problem. If I suppress a working in a part instead of becoming gray in the design explorer it disappears completely and I can reinsert it only if I do Undo. Does this happen to you too or am I missing something?
  5. Cator

Configurations Player

Hi everyone, for all those who use configurations to create many versions of the same part or assembly, I created this simple script that allows the timed and sequential opening of the configuration as in a sort of temporal presentation. It is useful for explaining the "history" of the piece or...
  6. Cator

Library Path

Hello everyone, Is it possible to set the path to the parts library? What is your standard route if you can't set it? Regards, Francesco
  7. Cator

png Save question

Hi everyone, when I open an imported file (e.g. Part1.step) with alibre it is saved with automatic filling of the save bar as Part1.AD_PRT. When I open a file (Fig1.png) or (Fig1.jpg) this is automatically saved as Fig1.png.AD_DRW or Fig1.jpg.AD_DRW and asks me if I want to overwrite the...
  8. Cator

Parametric slot approach

Parametric slot approach Hi, other CAD packages have dedicated slot tools. A video in which the issue is addressed with the tools currently available, which allow parametricity, would be nice. Straight, circular and long spline slot.
  9. Cator

Sketch issue

Good morning everyone, in the video that I attach at minute 1.37 I try to create a horizontal constraint after making a tangency. First I get the dialog that it is not possible to do it in the upper circle, when I try to do it in the lower one the associativity of the previously projected sketch...
  10. Cator

Create Custom Symbol

Good morning everyone, when creating a custom symbol, in the 2D environment, it is possible to set the XY Zero of the symbol. Now the point is this, how do I establish the XY point if the origin is missing in the 2D environment? Do I create reference lines which I then have to hide? Thanks to...
  11. Cator

Section View

Hi, how can I make the B-B section view horizontal to the plane of the sheet? I attach the part and the drawing. Thanks. Regard, Francesco
  12. Cator

Assembly Boolean Unit

Hello everyone. I create my parts, in millimetres. I create my assembly and always have my unit set to millimeters. I create a boolean assembly from the previous one in a separate window and the unit is centimeters. Is this normal behavior? Or a specific of the SAT export?
  13. Cator

Keyshot and GPU mode

Hello everyone. My dealer informed me that you can download the new version of Keyshot 2023 at this link: https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/ Well, with this version I can't work using the GPU, despite the Keyshot support page says my GPU is supported....(I have a Nvidia Quadro P2000...
  14. Cator

Activation was not successful(RESOLVED)

Greetings, i was working with alibre and after a hard shutdown i got this error message on restart. I can't even access the online license manager and I tried on another computer with the same effect. How can I move? Thank you Francesco
  15. Cator

Boolean question

Hello everyone!!! I attach an example part to make you understand my request. I have modeled a very simple part that can be defined through a global parameter sheet and three data elements: Height , Length and Thickness. In this grid I have inserted a Boolean subtraction that allows the holes to...
  16. Cator

Shortcuts and Lybrary

Hello everyone, when I open the library to generate a bolt or other to insert into an assembly, the shortcuts don't work. They start working again after I click ok and insert the desired part. Is this something that happens only to me ? Thanks Francesco
  17. Cator

Plane Hole Lost

Good morning, I was running drawing and noticed this behavior of the hole tool. Before I forward it to development I ask those who want and can to follow my instructions and understand if it is my wrong procedure or a problem with the tool. I will sequence the actions with slides: 1-Create a...
  18. Cator

Improvements to pattern

Ciao a tutti. Ultimamente utilizzo Lightburn per muovere il laser e trovo molto comoda la gestione dell'array 1) È possibile impostare o meno la distanza dal centro 2) È possibile inserire la distanza totale e avere l'array già fatto. Allego uno screenshot per chi volesse vedere ed invito gli...
  19. Cator

Boxes.py

In my search i found this interesting project https://www.festi.info/boxes.py/ .Now i know this is not possible to install it in alibre script, but i would like to install it on python external to alibre and make it work at the of without internet. If I could see the code I could port it into...
  20. Cator

pyautogui

Hi everyone,I would like to import into Alibre python library pyautogui.Is this something feasible or are there insurmountable limits? If yes how can I do it? Thanks to whoever can and will answer me! Greetings Francesco