What's new

Search results

1. D

SVG Export out of Atom3d is oversized

Yea I figured that out. Would be better if it allows me to directly import DXF and skip the SVG, which is a graphical exchange or something. Also found that the stripping out of symbols in the current process takes a really long time when the geometry has a lot of elements. Never seen that...
  2. D

So when I posted this I was far more comfortable with 2d design in vectric. However I got more use to the sketching features in Alibre and rarely use vectric. Vectric does automatic tracing really well so when I do that, and export out of vectric, I use DXF. Which is far more accurate...
  3. D

question on combining all components in an assembly.

That would help when you have the lower featured product. I knew it doesn’t do Boolean but I just wanted to confirm that I wasn’t missing something, since I have that feature in my free slicer. So it doesn’t seem like a premium feature. Adding product licensed to the profile might also help...
  4. D

ok can I perform that function in Alibre Atom3D V27?
  5. D

when you add components to an assembly those components show up as three items in Bambu Studio slicer. Which is handy because it allows you to colorize each component. My question is can you combine all three in Alibre so they come over as one component? I understand that I can also...
  6. D

Bad Step file?

Ok that works. Thanks.
  7. D

Bad Step file?

Thanks. So I can change the step format in Alibre? I normally just click on Step.
  8. D

Bad Step file?

HI, I can export this model using STL but when I try to export using step it fails to define the entire model in my slicer. there is an issue with the blend between the two curves. I have not had issues with exporting Step file before. Thanks
  9. D

gears in alibre

I’ve done this recently from Gearorica to Adam3d. You output using DXF. Input into Alibre is more complicated then I would have expected. Once you get the gear shape into Alibre you need to clean it up in order to extrude it. Cleaning up is the most time consuming part of this.
  10. D

sketch repair tool for Adam 3D?

Hi, I was trying to extrude a sketch and ran into open or overlapping elements error. Makes sense that it wouldn't want to proceed. However, when I tried finding any tools that allow me to see where the problem is or repair it, I found nothing. My question is; does this tool exist? I had...
  11. D

Thanks for that background Max. Scaling the import in Vectric to 93.75% works perfectly.
  12. D

Hi, first time using atom3d after a couple years. made a simple sketch and exported it using SVG to Vectric. Vectric was able to upload SVG directly. First measured part in Atom3D and agrees with the sketch. Measured part as received in Vectric and its 6% large. Actually had to set vector...
  13. D

Alibre Workshop

OK I think I'm good. going back to vectric and removing the frame works. not sure why the frame would cause issues in Meshcam, when it doesn't in Alibre, or vectric. just putting a box back around the brackets causes the line to reappear. So its not like a hit on some special box, its any...
  14. D

Alibre Workshop

Thanks David. That error file was not built correctly so I’m not as worried about the issue we are seeing. Can you load extra line file into Meshcam and see if it generates the same extra line?
  15. D

Alibre Workshop

yes its meshcam, which is the key reason why you would purchase Workshop over Atom3D alone. :) I didn't enter cutter compensation. you may be on to how to get it to cut outside of the profile.... which would be confusing. and not my original issue. not sure what to think if Harold can...
  16. D

Alibre Workshop

I'm trying to cut to the outside of the bracket profile and it seems to want to cut on the inside of the profile. I can't seem to find how to cut inside vs outside of a line. if the feature is there (which I'm sure it is) it not obvious. then each bracket should be the same. due to the...
  17. D

Alibre Workshop

I'm evaluating this package that includes Atom3D V22 and meshcam V8.40. I currently use vectric 2D and fusion 360. my goal is to be able to design more contoured shapes on a router without getting too deep into vectric. the cad package looks solid enough but I'm not sure about the cam...