What's new

Search results

1. gld

Help with guide lofting

This is a test run, not the finished part. I been working on this the last 3 evenings with no luck. I have followed this you tube Alibre Beginners Course #17 to the letter. (I think??). Sketch 1&2 will loft, but when you add a guide (sketch 3 or 4) it fails. darn if I can figure out why. Gary
  2. gld

Assembly problem

This gear case asm has a shaft that will rotate, until it is inserted into a larger asm. Now it's locked. I have searched this form and watched several Alibre video's for an answer. Why does it lock and how do I unlock it??? :mad:
  3. gld

Upgrade to V27 on Windows7

I upgraded my shop computer to V27. When I try to create a new work space I get this error message. at com.alibre.design.server.DesignWorkspace.getTopologyContextForConfiguration(Nullable`1 configurationId, Boolean generateBodyIfNeeded, Boolean forceCompute) at...
  4. gld

Mechanical Constraints

Is the help file up to date for V26. I've tried every constraint (it will accept with out error) and can not get CamIdler Gear to rotate on it's axis by it's self. According to the help file it must.
  5. gld

license portal

Several times in the last 2 weeks, it has not released the license on my shop computer at the end of the day. Is it just me or is there a problem with the server
  6. gld

Replacing a part in an assembly

When replacing a part in an assembly does the new part retain the old constraints or do new constraints have to be applied?.
  7. gld

Constraint help

I have here a cylinder head with 2 values, valve guides, and one rocker arm. I have been working for the last 3 evenings trying to put this rocker arm in its proper place. When I apply a constraint to lineup the face of the washer on the rock arm with the inside of the support I get an error. I...
  8. gld

Window 7 won't connect to server for upgrade

I got this error several times yesterday. Last night I upgraded my windows 10 laptop no problem. Today I'm still getting this error when trying to upgrade my shop computer. Both computers are on the same home network, and the internet is working fine.
  9. gld

direct co-ordinate entry

Would someone explain why they used U & V ?????????? My work space is labeled XYZ
  10. gld

Unexpected error

I started to create an off set ZXplane angot the error. Then noticed my design explorer window has a big red X in it. Now what do I do ????????? Gary P.S. Got to leave shop. Be back in about 3 hrs.
  11. gld

Extrusion problem

Well after getting the Winglet to follow a guide curve I began to section the wing up for 3D printing. The first attempt I created a hollow airfoil section then created sketch three on the xy plane. Then tried a dual extrude to the inside surface of the airfoil. That did not work. So then I...
  12. gld

gld's lofting problem

The problem is with Loft<Sect4> I hate to bother you fellows again but this problem has me knocking my head against the wall. Here's the error code that Alibre posted. {ACISERROR_SKIN_GUIDE_NOT_START_STOP: Guide curve does not start and stop on the first and last profile respectively.} I used...
  13. gld

Airfoil sketch

I have this air foil dat file from University of Illinois. That file was plotted using dat2acad.lsp, then converted to a smooth polyline. Alibrie will not open a polyline dxf file so it had to be exploded back into straight line segments again. How do I make that a smooth continuous line in...
  14. gld

Anet

Has anyone here contacted Anet via their e-mail support. I sent a message on September 1, an no response yet. I'll ask a question here. Their download page shows 2 firmware versions for the ET5: Pro V1.0.0 Stock V1.1.7 My printer shows V1.0 So, is the Pro really better than the stock?
  15. gld

Scripts

How do I use scripts in Atom? According to this video: https://www.alibre.com/alibre-script/ scripts are available to all Alibre cad programs. There is a Scripts folder in my documents folder with 9 scripts in the examples folder ,but there is no Scripts in my menu bar.
  16. gld

Import dxf file

How to import dxf file into Alibre Atom? I have searched this form and the web and not found an answer.
  17. gld

Export stl

I have printed lots of stl files created in Fusion 360, so this is not new to me. I created a test cylinder in Atom ,1.25" dia. x 1.5" long and it printer fine. I created this vacuum cleaner crevice tool in Atom 3D. Exported the STL file with the default settings. This is what the...