What's new

Search results

1. T

Yet another question about Sweeping, but this time with a Twist

Wow, go away sailing for a few months and the smart ones keep not only finding solutions, but asking questions I didn't think to ask. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. It's made me feel so much better, as I thought I must be a complete idiot that can't perform a simple task. I...
  2. T

Yet another question about Sweeping, but this time with a Twist

Hi Brains Trust, Has anyone found a successful method for sweeping along an angled circle, but keeping the shape parallel to a plane? In the drawings below, the first pic is there just for perspective, so you don't end up as confused as I am. Imagine a spiral staircase. Each step is slightly...
  3. T

Flat Plane Spiral (I think)

Hi Harold, 1. I've tried twice to download and open the sample model, but each time, I get one of the famous Alibre Error Messages. 2. Please refer to my pre-emptive apology regarding my mangling of correct terminology (drawing / model). Maybe i should model my dunce hat and rivets :)) 3...
  4. T

Thanks for the prompt responses. Feeling rather foolish right now, because my original question does not adequately express what I am trying to do. With reference to my drawing, you will note that the bearing surface of the plate always remains perpendicular to the shaft itself. This is what I'm...
  5. T

Hi All, Newbie to the forum, so please accept my apologies in advance for asking what will probably be some rather basic questions. My current project is somewhat like a 'swash plate' pump, in that a rotating shaft imparts linear motion to objects situated parallel to the shaft axis. Below is...