What's new

Search results

1. R

Maintain Associativity not consistent

When creating sketches based on other features, Alibre has a "Project to Sketch" option. I often use this to create reference figures by selecting the "Create reference figure" (as indicted in the Help topics) and I make sure to select the "Maintain Associativity" option. What seems to be...
  2. R

Importing part properties from McMaster-Carr

Anybody have a simple way to automate the importing of part properties from the McMaster-Carr website (other than copy/paste)? What I have in mind is to be able to automatically download the part properties when importing 3D models. Trying to also avoid the issue with the foreign characters in...
  3. R

Boolean unite configurations

So I need to create an enclosure with two configurations: one is the upper half, the other is the lower half. They are almost identical except for some minor variations so it would be a good idea to make use of the "Configurations" feature. There is also a Boolean unite feature required on...
  4. R

V25 DXF export has segmented non-linear edges

Not sure if I'm overlooking some settings somewhere, but when exporting a DXF for having some parts laser cut, the circular edges are segmented more than I would like them to be. Does anyone know if there is a way to reduce this? I've made sure that the display settings under File Properties...
  5. R

Showing weld seams on folded sheet metal parts

Just wondering if anyone knows of a better way to show weld seams on folded aluminum parts that have been modeled as a sheet metal part. The material thickness I'm using at the moment is 4.7 mm. I realize there are annotations available but they don't show the physical seam. The voids where...