What's new

Search results

1. E

Offset Function in Sketch Mode

In this particular instance the sketch's were a part of a loft feature, so a thin wall cut doesn't seem to be a workaround (even if it Atom3D did have it).
  2. E

Yeah, that would be ideal.
  3. E

Imagine I sketch a feature as reference geometry and I fully constrain it. Now, say that geometry represented the shape of something entering the part. In the part I wish to make the cut out shape which it enters just a smidge larger. The obvious tool is the offset command. However, when you...
  4. E

Hatching Issue?

Thank you for going the extra distance.
  5. E

Hatching Issue?

I get different "hatch errors" depending on the order in which I select the lines making up the hatch boundary! Is that something you are seeing too?
  6. E

Hatching Issue?

To make a "package file" do I just "Package" in the drawing under the file menu and the part comes along, or is there another step? P.S. The part is unrelated to the sketch. It's just a dummy part so I can sketch "within a view". Turn "Phantom Lines" Layer to visible if you wish to see the...
  7. E

Hatching Issue?

I have this sketch (meant to be a diagram), When I hatch the blue area, this is error is occurring. I thought it might be because the area was small, but when I scale it its doesn't adjust. Alibre Atom 3D - V24
  8. E

Removing Constraints in 2D Drawing

Maybe sketching should only work "in a view", but allow the user to create a "blank view" (without 3d part association). That seems like it would alleviate these types of issues, but may not be feasible.
  9. E

Yeah, I see. Just use a "part view" and the drawing suite functions quite nicely. I can understand this issue as this is meant to be a 3D to 2D modeling software , not a stand alone 2D software. Work around: I have found that "making a copy" in the "Move" function breaks the undesired...
  10. E

This is my ribbon when under "Activate 2D Sketch"
  11. E

I don't see any constraint symbols.
  12. E

My version is Atom 3D - v24. I don't see this when I right click. The work around was basically delete the entire sketch and start again... Is that the only path forward for this version?
  13. E

Yeah, I'm running Atom 3D - not design expert.
  14. E

Thanks for the reply; This is a manually drawn figure in 2d Drawing ( with no 3D part association ). I don't see "toggle constraint symbols" anywhere in the ribbon under "2D sketch mode" or even "Sketch Options" for that matter?
  15. E

In this drawing the soccer field is unable to be moved vertically. If I go to move and select the field and try to place it somewhere else on the page, I get the following error. I've found that simply selecting all the field and clicking and dragging indicates that there is indeed a...
  16. E

Layer Transparency in 2D drawings

Not entirely off the topic of transparency... How about "bring to front/send to back" Below is the drawing file which looks exactly how I want, and the PDF of said drawing which looks like exactly not like I want...
  17. E

Setting the layer transparency is a function in AutoCAD, I was just hoping Alibre might have it too.
  18. E

Does it exist? I would like to set the opacity/transparency of a layer in the 2d drawing (a manually sketched draft), but can't seem to find a setting.
  19. E

Hatch in Drawing Causing Alibre to Freeze?

Thanks, I agree. I was just playing around with the visuals. However, I feel the program should intervein on account of user stupidity in this instance?
  20. E

Hatch in Drawing Causing Alibre to Freeze?

So I've made a grass hatch, and I set the scale to be 0.01 ( appears to be the minimum allowed value). Now, on my computer( Core I7 processor, with Nvidia graphics card) the program locks up. It seems like the processor can't handle the rendering of that fine of a hatch. To confound this...