What's new

Search results

1. J

maintaining part relations

Bingo! I”ve used three other solid modeling programs and I think the experience hurts more than helps!
  2. J

Dimension Extension Lines

Hello Everyone: Does anyone know if there is a way to control the extension lines on dimensions in the drawing? They seem to get whacked out once in a while and either end up out in space or on top of the drawing view. The only success I've had in fixing them is to delete the dimension and...
  3. J

Dimension to T.S.C.

Awesome Mr. jflemming!! Thanks, the button is right in front of me and never saw it! Jim
  4. J

Dimension to T.S.C.

Thanks Ralf, I've got a few more questions, if you don't mind? In all of the examples that you show above the two lines are 90*. I assume you're using the orthagonal tracing feature to extend the lines to an intersection, then drop the point on that intersection? The last example is using two...
  5. J

Dimension to T.S.C.

Can anyone explain to me how to dimension to a Theoretical Sharp Corner. Example is when you have two lines that form a corner but is not a 90* corner or when a non-horizontal or vertical line has been filleted and now you want to dimension to what was a sharp corner before you placed a fillet...
  6. J

Sectioned Isometric Assembly View

I’m only here seeking help, if I offended anyone in any way, I apologize! I’m working for a company new to me and they just bought AD. It’s been difficult to learn, maybe because I’ve used others and it has been frustrating, but I recently finished my second waste water treatment plant design...
  7. J

Saving Step Files

Thanks guys, I used the assembly boolean for the first time following the help button in Alibre, always wondered what that was for, now I know. A dumb assembly (part) representing a blower with a 7hp electric motor and a whole bunch of parts is exactly what I needed. Now I can get rid of alll...
  8. J

Saving Step Files

Good morning HaroldL and everyone else: So I've had issues with .step files that I have imported as well. They seem to constantly loose their constraints in the assembly, and if I use more than one instance in the assembly, it wants to save the files and replace them each time I open the...
  9. J

Can I project a new view from an existing view in the drawing?

Thanks, I did read the help section and noticed what you said. I’ll try highlighting first. Thanks!
  10. J

You are correct! I brought a new front and top view into the drawing, right clicked on the front view and the option was available to add more standard views. I think what I did, before I really understood how the standard views pop up works was I added two views, front and right side. The...
  11. J

Good morning DavidJ: I followed your reply above (#2). When I right click the blue icon view, which represents the front view, I don't get the "other standard views" option. I get the list of other things, but the "other standard views" is not in the list. I am in a drawing with a large...
  12. J

Elevation Markers

Good morning gentlemen: Is anyone aware of or have an idea for a way of posting elevation on a drawing. I have elevations from 807 to 817 feet above sea level. I'd like for the dimensions to be real, or at least real in relation to each other. So ground level is 817 and the bottom of the...
  13. J

Drawing with visible dimensions.

Not yet HaroldL, probably get to that this evening, meant to do it over the weekend, but was in a CMV most of time hauling crushed stone...
  14. J

Thanks HaroldL There is a post above, OTE_TheMissile, that also suggests creating a tiny sphere so that a dimension can be created and then shown in the assembly, kind of what you are suggesting here. I'm looking into DavidJ's #20 idea of just creating earth behind the tanks at the proper...
  15. J

Not assembly features because it doesn't look like there's an option for an extrude feature for adding material in the assembly module. I had originally assembled the first in a line of tanks to the default datum planes of both the first tank and the default datum planes of the assembly module...
  16. J

Uhh, yeah, I worked at and used ProE/Creo for 17 years at Delta, I'm just not sure if it was mandated that we use model dimensions or if we (the engineers) decided to do it on our own because it made life easier down the road, but we absolutely used model dimensions in both product and tooling...
  17. J

Sectioned Isometric Assembly View

By “back door” I only meant that it’s different than the other 3D modeling software I’ve used, not in a bad way, just that the other three that I’ve used work similarly, but AD is different from all the others, hence “back door”. Thanks again for for your help! Jim
  18. J

Good morning Ralf, RandyL, HaroldL, and anyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks for very intuitive replies. I really appreciate the time all of you spent on them in order to try to help me! That said, I have a few comments. First, I believe the standard at both Honda (Catia) and...