What's new

Search results

1. G

STL Import and redesign

OK I will keep playing around with this. I think that my problem is that I am trying to combine two items in MODEL instead of ASSEMBLY. I have made assemblies in other projects but I did not realize that I could export an assembly to STL. I don't have time to play around with this today but I...
  2. G

STL Import and redesign

I know that I am way beyond my ability but perhaps someone can give me some pointers. I am trying to make a clown for a model Cretors Popcorn Engine that I am building. I want to 3D print this. I can find an articulated doll on STL Finder which will be close to what I need but needs some...
  3. G

Modified part in assembly

Never mind. I just found the solution. I noticed that there was an "unknown" item in the list of parts. I clicked on that and one of the options was to remove unknow so once I did that everything worked as it should.
  4. G

Modified part in assembly

I know that I did something that probably was not according to the rules. I have been making an assembly of the individual parts as I progress with the overall design. I was not sure if what I was trying to change would work so I had a part "cylinder" so I saved as "cylinderMOD" and made the...
  5. G

Drawing from model

OK I had created a template some time ago but I cannot find where I can edit and save the options. I know that I have done it in the past but I am missing it now.
  6. G

Creating sketch in new part

When I create a new sketch when making a new part how do I place the sketches? For instance when I want to draw a circle I can draw it at some random position and then dimension it to place it in the proper position. That is fine until I accidently placed it too close to the reference point. I...
  7. G

Drawing from model

When I make a drawing from a model how do I save my options preferences? In the past I changed it but I cannot find where I did it now. I want to show things like hidden lines and center lines and not show dimensions etc. Now when I create the new drawing I have to go to the options and change them.
  8. G

Update assembly drawing

The problem is that I worked with my old CAD program for 30+ years and that is hard wired into my old brain. I am 84 years old and now only use CAD for my hobby so weeks may go by when I do not use it at all. I used Visual CADD which used two letter commands and coordinates could be entered...
  9. G

Update assembly drawing

I am referring to a 3D drawing. I am doing things like making a base plate and then adding a square block on top of that and then going back to that block and adding features, like mounting holes, cutouts etc. as the overall design progresses. I spent the last 30+ years working with 2D cad and...
  10. G

Update assembly drawing

OK I understand but not my preferred method. Frequently the features that I am trying to verify or modify are hidden or at least hard to access in the assembly drawing. I will play around with it and see if that works.
  11. G

Update assembly drawing

OK. If I already have that part open in another window should I close the window which is currently open? I frequently keep the separate part drawings open so that I can go back to them to verify dimensions and design features etc. I frequently do not complete the part drawing until I see how...
  12. G

Update assembly drawing

How do I get assembly drawings to update to reflect changes made to individual part drawings? When I make a change to a part and then go back to the assembly drawing it does not reflect these changes. The way I have been doing it is to close the assembly drawing and then open it again. It seem...
  13. G

Motion in assembly

OK That was the problem. I had removed some constraints because I was having a problem with things being over constrained. I guess that I removed something which should have stayed. Thanks.
  14. G

Regenerate in assembly

OK That makes sense. I will modify parts from the assembly. Usually I am just adding reference axis or planes to aid placement.
  15. G

Regenerate in assembly

Is there a way to regenerate parts in an assembly after a part has been modified? Help says just click regen.. I don't see that option. The only way I have found is to close the assembly and the parts are updated when I reload. Atom3D
  16. G

Motion in assembly

In the past I could move parts in an assembly to show motion. Suddenly I can click on a surface and show motion but the entire assembly also moves all over the screen. It actually will just go off from the screen. I am not sure if it is relevant but my maintenance just expired and I had to...
  17. G

cosmetic threads

OK Thanks. I was confused because it shows it as an option in the drop down menus.
  18. G

cosmetic threads

I have been trying to figure out how to show cosmetic threads. It seems to be an option with design but perhaps not with Atom 3D. It is shown as an option on the drop down menu but I cannot find how to show the threads. Is it possible?
  19. G

Dimension center to center

I also started about that time. I started when the program was on 5" floppy disks and you had to change discs to do the next operation. I certainly wish that there was a similar 3D program. When I use Alebre I keep trying to do things by entering the two letter command that I have been using for...
  20. G

Dimension center to center

I use Visual Cadd. Owned a metal fabricating shop for 30 years where I designed and built special material handling equipment.