What's new

Search results

1. B

I need advice/suggestions on which path to take

Hi all, I would appreciate some advice on which path to take in order to achieve my goal. I want to load a robot that I designed in Alibre Design and train it using Reinforcement Learning. For that, I ultimately need to express it in URDF or SDF format. I need to make an informed decision...
  2. B

Question about Behavior of Multiple Instances of an Assembly

Hi, I have an Assembly (A) made up of several Sub-Assemblies (a1, a2, a3), and constrained in such a way that it behaves properly when moving Parts around. I intend to use multiple instances of Assembly A as Sub-Assemblies of a larger Assembly (B). Each Assembly A is constrained to a base in...
  3. B

Assemblies, Sub-assemblies, and Constraints

Hi, I have a relatively complex assembly (at least for me) that has a number of moving pieces that took quite a while for me to get to behave as intended. I would like to create a larger assembly made up of multiple instances of the aforementioned assembly, and have the associated constraints...
  4. B

URDF / XACRO from Assembly

Hi folks, Preamble: I'm into robotics, and I'm getting to the point where I want to convert my assembly to URDF/XACRO + STL to load into PyBullet. I'm aware that ROS has a means of doing so that involves Gazebo, but it's quite cumbersome for my purposes, and I don't want to set up a massive...
  5. B

Using scaled parts as ribs

Hi, I've created a part/feature from a sketch using boss extrude, and added it to my catalog. I then did a non-uniform scaling of this part to create another part that is 0.8 of the original in one axis. My intention is to ultimately use a bunch of parts as "ribs" through which I will do a...
  6. B

2D drawing using an existing assembly as a guide

Hi, I'm very new to Alibre. If I want to make a 2d drawing using an externally created assembly as a guide, what are my options? Ideally, I would be able to import the assembly, design around it, and then delete it, leaving only the part. I know that it's possible to use assembly boolean...