What's new

Search results

1. Joseph_L

How to make a 3D model of a poker chip tray

Hi Will, Harold provided a great answer. Would you prefer to have a new video still, or was the above answer everything you needed?
  2. Joseph_L

Creator Spotlight: EX MACHINA!!

I hardly need to say "Introducing" because he's a huge part of our community, "Ex Machina Engineering," a YouTube channel dedicated to the marvels of design, engineering, and the magic of bringing innovative ideas to life. This channel is a gem for anyone who is passionate about comprehensive...
  3. Joseph_L

Creator Spotlight: WeekdayWeekend

I love seeing things like this, thank you for sharing. It's great to think about how far CAD has come.
  4. Joseph_L

I have some fond memories of being gathered around with friends playing awesome games on N64 and PS2
  5. Joseph_L

Introducing the "Weekday Weekend" YouTube channel: a unique space where the weekend never ends! This channel brings the relaxation and joy of weekend hobbies into every day, featuring engaging content on CAD, 3D printing, and fun-filled gaming sessions. Dive into their notable projects...
  6. Joseph_L

Interesting helix related issue - could use some advice

I'm still working with the part, I changed a few sketch references on Sketch End1 Curve Profile and Sketch Outboard Curve Profile. I haven't come to any conclusions yet. Sweep 1 end curve seems to be acting reliably and Sweep Outboard Guide Curve seems to not be updating. I have to step away...
  7. Joseph_L

Applying Constraints: Something so simple, yet it isn't!

My pleasure- I thought I had it pretty exact too, but OF COURSE I mirrored it by accident!
  8. Joseph_L

Applying Constraints: Something so simple, yet it isn't!

Thanks for uploading this. I opened your part and something definitely feels off with the sketch solver. I'm not the right person to be able to diagnose such things, so I can't say what caused it. I re-made the sketch for you in what I think your design intent was, and this one appears to be...
  9. Joseph_L

Creator Spotlight- IQ Workshop

Hey everyone! I’m going to start posting a few threads here and there if I can find some fun and interesting YouTube content creators to connect with. Today, I'm thrilled to introduce an inspiring and innovative individual from the world of DIY and digital fabrication – Steve from IQ...
  10. Joseph_L

Kann den Loft nicht machen

Hallo! Ich konnte den Dachboden erhalten, habe ihn anhand der bereitgestellten Zeichnung jedoch nicht auf seine Richtigkeit überprüft. Der Dachboden benötigt eine Endskizze, daher habe ich Skizze Nr. 5 in das Modell eingefügt, mit dem ich antworte. Außerdem habe ich darauf geachtet, dass die...
  11. Joseph_L

New User starting with Alibre.

Great to have you with us Bill. The forums are some of the very best, and it is a great place to find help. I hope you have a great time with Alibre!
  12. Joseph_L

Excited to Join as a New Alibre User

Hi Kieran, Welcome to the forum. I think this community has some of the best people you can find on the web, and I'm grateful for how much help you can find here. We can always use skilled fabricators such as yourself that are willing to help! I think that video where you were TIG welding...
  13. Joseph_L

How to dynamically create 3D formed threads for 3D printing and control the tolerances.

Thank you all, I always feel humbled to know I make content that is helpful.
  14. Joseph_L

Question about a SWEEP error 'WIRE_X_AXIS: Wire Intersects Axis'

I have to remember these- they are great!
  15. Joseph_L

Question about a SWEEP error 'WIRE_X_AXIS: Wire Intersects Axis'

That's actually the best example I've heard for managing sweep radii.
  16. Joseph_L

3d sketch moves away from sweep sketch when dimensioning

Are you able to post the part?
  17. Joseph_L

Creating an Arch Inside a Rectangle Causes Sketch Is Not Closed Error

Hey Frogydiak, Welcome to Alibre, great to have you. I cover making videos/educational content, let me know if you need any or can't find anything.