What's new

Search results

1. L

Can't get suppressed sub-sub-assemblies.

I can't make sense of what's happening here. When an assembly has a 1st-level subassembly that's suppressed, then I can find it in the collection returned by: IADAssemblySession.RootOccurrence.Occurrences() and it has .IsSuppressed = True as expected. But if there's a 2nd-level subassembly...
  2. L

How to tell if files are missing when opening an assembly?

If I open an assembly with a missing file in the GUI, it shows this dialog: But if I use OpenFileEx(), it silently ignores the missing files. Is there a way to know that it happened? I see IADDesignSession.HasErrors but it's just a boolean and I don't know what errors it's going to be set by.
  3. L

Transformation matrix has scaling that doesn't match the STEP file.

I want to export a STEP file then transform it according to the assembly's WorldTransform but it's including a scale factor of 2.54 (inch to cm) which makes the resulting part too big. How should I handle this reliably? Perhaps always remove scaling from the transforms because there's no valid...
  4. L

WorldTransform doesn't seem to transform all the way to the assembly root

I'm trying to re-assemble an assembly by transforming each part with its IADOccurrence.WorldTransform() matrix but parts in subassemblies only seem to be transformed to the subassembly level, not the root assembly. In other words, WorldTransform() appears to be the same as LocalTransform(). Any...
  5. L

Is it necessary to run as administrator before using GUI-less mode?

Help says that after installing or uninstalling side-by-side versions of Alibre Design, you have to run it as administrator because only one version can have its API registered. Does that mean if you run registerCOMdlls.bat (as administrator) for the wrong version (that wasn't most recently run...
  6. L

Do these warnings and exceptions matter?

I'm using AlibreX successfully with Atom3D but with the sample boring head assembly, it keeps saying things like: at com.alibre.collaboration.ui.UIThreadNegotiator.processTipOffMessage()### Mediator.commit () is called! export-9DD5596A-BEAB-459F-A91D-E830D9E5CFA2: warning: RoseDomain...
  7. L

Can occurrence transforms include scale/skew?

or can I assume IADOccurrence.WorldTransform() only contains translations and rotations? I tried scaling a part but it just altered the part itself, not how it fits into the assembly.
  8. L

What are the translation units for transformation matrices from IADOccurrence.WorldTransform()?

It kind of seems like cm in a case I tried but I'm not sure if that's fixed or depends on something.
  9. L

Why won't GUI less initialize?

I'm doing this in VB, like the example in Getting Started of AlibreAPIHelp.chm: Dim hook As IAutomationHook hook = New AlibreX.AutomationHook Call hook.Initialize("", "", "", True, 0) But it throws an exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException "The type initializer for...