What's new

Search results

1. K

2D View Alignment Help... Please!!!

OK. Thank you! That should be a new View Function Suggestion/Ticket. The ability to Align random views by selecting a point from each view and aligning the points in either an X axis or a Y axis.
  2. K

2D View Alignment Help... Please!!!

Alibre Design Expert V27 User I started a 2D Drawing and selected Front, Side and Back Standard Views and inserted them into my Drawing Template - Sheet<1>. I begin dimensioning the views and realized I didn't have as much detail as I wanted, so changed the scale from 1= 6 to 1=4. This was...
  3. K

V26 Help... Restoring Toolbars

Thank you, Gentlemen! Yes, I fixed it by resetting the user profile, which does, indeed, create a huge pain to go back a set up all of my UI preferences. But, live and learn; I won't make that mistake again. Also, I am in complete agreement about breaking up the User Profile into smaller...
  4. K

V26 Help... Restoring Toolbars

This afternoon, I downloaded/installed V26. I was trying to customize and reshape some of the existing toolbars, like Sketch... remove a couple of items that I don't use and make the toolbar vertical. Finally figured out how to make it vertical and drag it to the right side of the screen, but...
  5. K

Why?

Doesn't Dassault Systemes own Catia, Solid Works and 3D Systems? Having worked in industry for over 30 years, I have found only a very few french made systems (machines or software) that were not screwy. They can't get out of their own way. As soon as 3D Systems bought Alibre/GMD, things got...
  6. K

Version 12 ready, yet?

Yeah, a lot of the above angst is one of the reasons I decided to wait, at least, one day and maybe two days, before I download my V12 upgrade. I mean... it ain't like they're gonna run out of copies! :lol: Avoid the rush... wait a couple of days! :D
  7. K

Version 12 ready, yet?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D
  8. K

Return of the repository?

I tried to use the Vault. I had it set up and was using it. I never did like it and still don't like it. I will not go back to using the Vault. The deal-breaker for me was trying to transport projects/files from one computer to another. I don't have a network server, but I do have two and...
  9. K

v.11 Release Date???

I thought it was to be today. Any word/update, yet? Thanks!
  10. K

How to create a hole chart?

I have created Hole Charts using the "Notes" function. It is completely manual, but it works. I regularly use Hole Charts, because they allow me to conserve space. Many times, I can easily, clearly and cleanly get a relatively large part on an A-Size (8.5"x11") Sheet, by using Hole Charts and...
  11. K

Wrapping Text in a BOM

Yeah. I guess that is what I will do. However, I am also going to turn in a request to Alibre to add this to the next upgrade or service pak.
  12. K

Wrapping Text in a BOM

I have a rather long description for one of my parts. This causes it to run out of room in the BOM. I cannot make the BOM any wider or increase the legnth of the "Description" field in the BOM. I really want to be able to wrap the text for that field. Is this possible? I know how to...
  13. K

10.1 Upgrade?

Thanks Jordon! This is what I now have: Alibre Design™ Expert 10.0 Alibre Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 10,0,1,10059 ] Just to clarify, you are saying that this is the upgrade? Thanks again!
  14. K

10.1 Upgrade?

What happened to the upgrade download? I tried to upgrade - already had 10.0 - and only got 10.0SP1; or, is that the upgrade?. My profile still says 10.0, though. I had already upgraded the computer at my other office, last week. Thanks!
  15. K

Weld Symbols - Printing out too light.

Re: Yeah, did that, too. The leader responded, but the rest of the symbol did not. Thanks though!
  16. K

Re: Yeah, that would be funny. But not the case. It is a HP LaserJet 6L (B&W only)with plenty of toner. No problems changing and seeing the line weights of other lines.
  17. K

Got help from Alibre' Design Assistant At this time it is not possible to change the line weights of the weld or other symbols - at least the ones that cannot be exploded. However the ADA has put that in as a request for the next update! You can work around by making a...
  18. K

Weld Symbols - Printing out too light. I am having a problem with my weld symbols in my drawings. Creating them and placing them on my drawings is no problem. However, whenever I print the drawing, the weld symbol is so light, that it is VERY hard to see. The tail...
  19. K

Old Question - EXTERNAL Cosmetic Threads??

Old Question - EXTERNAL Cosmetic Threads?? For things like bolts, studs, and threaded pipe nipples/ends, I know that I can actually make the external threads using Revolve Boss, Revolve Cut, Helical Boss, and Helical Cut; however, those add a tremendous amount of unecessary...
  20. K

Activate Windows?

Activate Windows? Why is my computer asking me if I want to "Activate this copy of Windows"? I downloaded and installed the ALGOR add-on from the Alibre' Website. After I rebooted my machine, to complete the installation, I was asked the above...