What's new

Search results

1. S

Alibre .arb file to v12

I am currently running v12 beta how can i migrate a v10 .arb file into the Alibre vault, the date migrtation tool does not allow me to select the .arb files. Cheers Steve
  2. S

Vault restore

I have successfully restored an Alibre vault from a CD backup taken from another computer. I can see the vault in the admistrator settingds, but not in the client settings or when exploring Mfiles even after setting the user for the same as the existing vaults. :? Any help would be greatly...
  3. S

Angle cut tube

How do I cut an angle on the end of a rolled tube that can be flattened for laser cutting. Cheers Steve
  4. S

Installing HyperShot

I have had two attempts downloading Hypershot today but on each occasion I get the attached error when I try to install, how can I get around this. Cheers Steve
  5. S

File preview

File preview has stopped working although i am not aware of anything that I have done to have changed it, any ideas anyone. Cheers Steve just started working again after creating a new part. :?
  6. S

Vault restore on another computer

I have installed V12 and Mfiles on my laptop and gone through the process of restoring a vault from a back up taken from my main computer, the message at the end said that the restore had been successful but when I explore Mfiles there are no files to be found, if I try to repeat the process i...
  7. S

View creation

For some time I have been creating most of my drawings using the "make drawing of this design command", from the part workspace. This usually opens up the template dialogue box to select a template and then the view creation dialogue box to select the views. However the past couple of days the...
  8. S

Save as problem with 11.2 & Vault 5

When saving as the new part is saved but the working file does not change name as it always has is this a Bug :? Cheers Steve
  9. S

Alibre and ACAD 2009

I have a key supplier that has recently started using ACAD 2009 and since then is unable to open my DXF files, is any one else seeing this problem or as anyone got ACAD 2009 and can test a file for me. Cheers Steve
  10. S

Alibre part library

Any one else experiencing problems with the Alibre part library today for me it just loads a transparent window. Cheers Steve :(
  11. S

Downloaded files

I downloaded two files from the Trace Part library earlier which after saving somehow reset every part icon in every folder, please see attached jpeg any one seen anything like this before and know a way to reset the icons, every thing seems to work OK i just get a little nervous when things...
  12. S

Vault unsuitable for top down design

One of the issues that I have with the vault is that when working with assemblies it can cause problems. For example you open an existing assembly and you modify one or more parts, in most cases it will be necessary to rename the modified parts. If you select save it is not possible to rename...
  13. S

Vault backup

I have been trying to backup the Alibre Vault but can only get as far as the attatched message, can any one explain to me how to do a backup. :roll: Cheers Steve
  14. S

Virtual view

When oppening one of my virtual folders today a message was generated which said that because the folder contained more than 500 files only the first 500 would be shown amd therefor would I like to change the view, to which I said OK. The result is when I now opem any of the projet folders...
  15. S

External thread

I just tried to use the external thread tool for the first time but I am unable to select the required edge, any ideas. Cheers Steve
  16. S

Hole centre's

When creating a new drawing should hole centre's be rotated to show their true radial position. I took your drawing to our development team and tested your issues. All of them are resolved in v11.2 with the exception of the automatic rotation of your centermarks. Our development team felt that...
  17. S

Help needed urgently

I have a number of parts that were created pre V11 that are now unworkable, a sample of which is attached, the problem relate to the multiple extrusion which appears to be un-editable after creation. Cheers Steve :(
  18. S

Another V11 drawing bug

When displaying cosmetic threads in a section view cosmetic threads from behind the section line are displayed, yet more work to do in 2D. :twisted: Cheers Steve
  19. S

Vault&duplicates

One of my greatest frustrations using the Vault is that I am frequently ending up with duplicate parts and assemblies when working with assemblies and I do not know why I very rarely had this problem with the old repository and if I did i invariably knew the cause. I think it could be something...
  20. S

Construction Geometry

I often find that construction geometry becomes italicised in the design explorer for no apparent reason, anyone else see this problem, not sure if it is a bug, but I do not recall seeing this problem in v11. Cheers Steve