What's new

Search results

1. B

Student Program

Student Program In the announcement section, there is a free student graduation gift program listed in 2004. Is that program still valid?
  2. B

New Laptop

Most other apps are pretty straight forward, Quickbooks, Excel, basic small business stuff. Right now, the only strain on my laptop is Alibre. Right now, I have it on my work computer, a Dell Precision M70 w/ a 256 meg graphics card. Alibre runs "terribly" slow, and has ghosting issues on...
  3. B

New Laptop

New Laptop Sorry to start this discussion over, but the latest threads I have found were early 2006 w/ most of the discussion occuring in 2004. It's time to get a new laptop (current Dell M60 is 4 years old). I'm stuck between getting...
  4. B

Sealtite Fittings

Sealtite Fittings Anyone have success locating either a CAD model, or even dimensions of sealtite fittings? Don't want to have to buy one of each size to see which one fits. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe
  5. B

Drawing BOM and Sub-Assemblies the "?"

I already have a view in the drawing, an exploded view of the assembly, and the items in the higher level assembly call-out OK. It's just the items of the sub assemby. Are you saying I need another view of just the sub-assembly?
  6. B

Drawing BOM and Sub-Assemblies the "?"

Drawing BOM and Sub-Assemblies the "?" After creating an exploded view of an assembly, I make a drawing with BOM and use the callout to get location and qty. of the components. In this case, I have some guarding which mounts using a block / screw / T-Nut. I made an assembly of just...
  7. B

Drawing Print Problems

Almost I read your post.... thought "that's it!".... tried it. and no. Zoom extents brings the blue border completely into view to the edge of the screen. Nothing out where the print is at. sounded good.
  8. B

Drawing Print Problems

Drawing Print Problems Yesterday, I was able to print out a size drawings both to my printer and .pdf's fine. Today, same files, are scaled down about 75% of full scale, no matter what settings I change: Options: Scale to fit checked - doesn't fix it...
  9. B

Tapped Hole - HELP

Tapped Hole - HELP I'm finishing up a large project, and the baseplate is the last detail. Multiple tapped holes, on multiple bolt patterns (at least 100 tapped holes) Two Problems: 1. I constructed all of the bolt patterns by placing a tapped...
  10. B

DWG Import Text Field Size

DWG Import Text Field Size I am importing customer provided .DWG files. Part of the title block comes in fine (Titles, Material, Finish, DWG #, etc.). The variable data for that info comes in with a font size of 1 (the actual title, material, finish, DWG #...
  11. B

Saving a file speed

I forget the exact reason, but I had a bunch of models lose association with drawings while moving them (in the repository). If you have parts and assemblies in different repositories, will they hold their association?
  12. B

Saving a file speed

I have the Dell M60, and while version 8.2 helped with some of the graphic issues, speed on some functions is painfully slow. I have a large repository for one project, when I hit 'file' 'open', it takes FIVE minutes for the dialog box to launch. During that time, Alibre is shown to be 'not...
  13. B

Drawing Revisions

Drawing Revisions I just noticed that the reason my repository is so large is that I have several drawings that are 3 to 4 meg each... but each have 12 to 14 revisions, so the drawings sizes are 42 meg, etc. While loading a drawing, does only the...
  14. B

part permanently grayed out???

part permanently grayed out??? Some prints from my current project open with the parts in the explorer tree permaneltly hidden (check is grayed out). The parts and drawings have not been moved at all. Anyone know what causes this? Or more importantly how to fix...
  15. B

AutoCAD concrete fill???

AutoCAD concrete fill??? I'm working up a quote for a customer, and part of it requires concrete anchors. Many years ago when I used Autocad, you could 'fill' an area with a concrete hatch pattern that ended up looking very professional. Is there anyway to...
  16. B

Alibre Design on a laptop

Re: Which driver are you using? I don't have my laptop with me, but the most recent one on Nvidia's side does not fix it.
  17. B

Dell M60 Graphics Settings?

I'm running at 1920 x 1200. Don't want to give that up either. I use my laptop 90% of the time with an 18" LCD screen. I tried running on the laptop itself and it worked fine. I'm starting to think it's an issue with my laptop-monitor combination.
  18. B

Dell M60 Graphics Settings?

Dell M60 Graphics Settings? Is anyone out there using a Dell Precison M60 Workstation? It seems as if Alibre only works if ALL settings are turned to a minimum. Does anyone else experience this? Joe Caulfield BASE729, Inc. http://www.base729.com
  19. B

Alibre Design on a laptop

I have the Dell Precision M60 workstation. 1Gig of ram and the Nvidia 128 graphics card. I'm somewhat disappointed with Alibre when it comes to the workstation laptop. When I run alibre, I have to use software enumeration. If I crank up the settings on the video card, the solid models look...
  20. B

Exploded Lines in Drawings

Exploded Lines in Drawings Is there a way to remove the dashed lines that appear when making a drawing of an exploded assembly? I already tried making their layer not visible (does not work), I also tried making that layer white (creates broken object lines on...