What's new

Search results

1. IMK

Can I create an Assemble Constraint Add On

Hello, I love Alibre but one thing really bugs in assemblies and that is there is not a Gear Type constraint like in SW. Well i have loads of C/C++ experience and was wondering if it is possible to create an Gear (or pseudo gear) Constraint Add On. If so i think i'll have a go at it as think...
  2. IMK

Equation editor to extrude exponential boss/cut

Hello, So I am still using that old Alibre Xpress 11.2 once or twice a year for simple designs. But now I need to make an Horn for a loudspeaker. So I need to make and exponential boss then a slightly small exponential cut. Is this possible in the equation editor please and how to go about it...
  3. IMK

How to draw gears in Alibre 11.2

Hello, How do you draw gears in Alibre 11.2 please? imk
  4. IMK

How to design/draw a hollow sphere

Hello, How do I draw/design a hollow sphere in Alibre design xpress version 11.2 please. Easy to do a sphere, just do a bar and add a filet. but how to make it hollow? Many thanks imk
  5. IMK

Add/Posistion object relative to another

Hello, I am using Alibre Design Xpress 11.2 and am trying to design a crankshaft the problem I am having is how to add/position the next crankpin. I know how to select the surface of the counterweight to add the pin but I want to potion it relative (120 deg) to the crankpin I have already drawn...
  6. IMK

Cube corner shaped recess in block

Hello, What I need is a block or base of say 75x75x15 mm with a recess or hole cut in it that is the shape of the corner of a cube of say 30mm. The bottom corner of the cube is 5mm above the bottom of the block or base. The line from the cubes top corner to the cubes bottom corner is angled so...
  7. IMK

Un-machined material aware Finishing Pass

I have managed to install and get running together Alibre Design Xpress and Alibre CAM Xpress… However CAM Xpress seems to only do a Finishing Pass so I can’t really evaluate it. So my question is this for purchased version of Alibre CAM: If I have a pocket that I rough out with a large...
  8. IMK

Which version of Design and CAM do I need

Hello, I am currently using Design Xpress but I guess I will need to upgrade to use Alibre CAM. What I want to make are prototype encloures for some electronics I am making that you can see in the attached PART. So could someone advice which version of Design and CAM I need to do this type of...